Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics


Reply

Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #22  
Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Townsend, Montana.
Posts: 7,919
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
Here is some more proof of the accuracy of the 215's. These groups were shot last year with my 30/375 S.I......RichAttachment 23356
Rich, have you chrono'ed that 79 gr load? In a 28" that has to be 3k+.

Jeff
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,441
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Rich, have you chrono'ed that 79 gr load? In a 28" that has to be 3k+.

Jeff
I think that is pretty close although I found out my chrono was off a little. It will shoot up to 81 grains or so......Rich
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Townsend, Montana.
Posts: 7,919
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
I think that is pretty close although I found out my chrono was off a little. It will shoot up to 81 grains or so......Rich
You almost got that baby up to 300 win performance. LOL

Just kidding.

Jeff
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,441
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
You almost got that baby up to 300 win performance. LOL

Just kidding.

Jeff
Almost!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ar.
Posts: 107
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

After lurking for many years and reading alot of "stuff" on here Ive learned one thing.Broz is like E.F. Hutton when he speaks I take notice.So I knew when my 300wm build was done the 215 Berger Hybrids were the first bullet I wanted to try.Glad I did,,, havent been disappointed yet but its still early as I havent stretched the legs on it yet.

300wm 108yrds 5shots,,if I didnt suck all five would be in the same hole
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,441
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluebow View Post
After lurking for many years and reading alot of "stuff" on here Ive learned one thing.Broz is like E.F. Hutton when he speaks I take notice.So I knew when my 300wm build was done the 215 Berger Hybrids were the first bullet I wanted to try.Glad I did,,, havent been disappointed yet but its still early as I havent stretched the legs on it yet.

300wm 108yrds 5shots,,if I didnt suck all five would be in the same hole
NICE! what was the load and velocity?......Rich
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ar.
Posts: 107
Re: Excellent Group 300win mag 215gr. Bergers

76gr H1000 .005 off jam,, havent run it over the chronograph yet but hope to soon.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC