Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Exbal or LoadBase ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Exbal or LoadBase ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Thank You Eaglet. As hunting season nears the end I am thinking of what I can do to make my Long Range shooting abilities better and more consistant for next season. Also I am eager to stretch out my efective range even further and realize I May need to look into more applied envirmental condition to a program for extemded long range. I have signed up for one of the Defensive Edge Classes this summer. I hope to learn more on the reading and applying conditiond. In a word "WIND" the 4 letter "W" word. Also, Eaglet, you have inspired me, or "beat it into my head" to take another look at LB3.0. So this summer my field practise sessons will be with 3 ballist programs. My tried and true Exbal, LB3.0 which I need to have all the updates done on, and I will upgrade my phone and kestrel to allow me to use the "Shooter" program and blue tooth.

I hope to keep my fustration level to a minimum and I hope you all still talk to me afterwards.

Thanks!

Jeff
That will definitively prove to be interesting!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Eaglet, I would find it very use full to have the target parameters save to an object in the data base so that when I pull up to a range or a spot I shoot frequently I can pull up my track, pull up say the 1030 yrd gong and have the latitude, and azimuth and slope for that target. I would think that would be fuller data set than what is currently saved in the object data base.
I understand what you mean!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

This is another great thread and I notice that some have some wishes that the software packages could contain.

I can tell you from personal experience that Gus is open to, and encourages, any suggestions that would improve LoadBase. If anyone has an idea I can tell you from past experience that all you need to do is just email Gus and he will be more than happy to listen and look at your idea. Who knows, it may lead to some great improvements in LoadBase.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
This is another great thread and I notice that some have some wishes that the software packages could contain.

I can tell you from personal experience that Gus is open to, and encourages, any suggestions that would improve LoadBase. If anyone has an idea I can tell you from past experience that all you need to do is just email Gus and he will be more than happy to listen and look at your idea. Who knows, it may lead to some great improvements in LoadBase.
Excellent point!! If anyone has has LB for a few years they know how many upgrades have been made to it. It is most likely the only software on the market now that is keeping up with the market and responding to it. I've emailed Gus several times and his attention and response was amazing. Also this give LB users the most up to date info on bullets and loads at their finger tips in any software.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"