Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

EtronX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2003, 10:56 PM

EtronX

Is anyone using the EtronX rifle? It sounds like it should make any gun just a tad more accurate. Or is there something I'm missing?
Old 10-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: EtronX

Batteries. Electronic modules moulded inside the stock. Special primers. Rediculous pricing.
Those are a few things involved with this dud of a rifle. Other than that they are wonderful [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 10:30 AM

If the system was reliable and consistent wouldn't it help in the 1000 yard matches some of you shoot at. Some of your guns are quite costly already and a little more for better accuracy/consistency doesn't seem out of the question. I would question it in a hunting gun where conditions can get extreme and you don't want to miss a shot because your battery went dead.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Silver Member

The advantage of the EtronX is the shortened amount of time betwen when you pull the trigger and when the powder is ignigted. This is very important when you are shooting at moving targets or if you are in an unstable position. Kind of a moote point when you are shooting grazing deer or stationary targets off of a bench rest.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Silver Member

I actually looked into the idea for a base to build a 1000yd light gun on. Trouble is, primers were not available at that time for a person who wants to reload. Next, the gun that I was going to cut up would cost as much as a BAT Action and unfortunately, that was the only piece that I would use. So, I bought a BAT.

Still, it seems like it would be a good idea. The firing part that is.

Primers are such a huge part of getting a gun to shoot at 1K, that a person would have to be a little nuts to invest all the time and effort into a gun to find out that Remington doesn't make a decent primer for it. You won't have choices here! Hell, Remington can't make the old style primers consistant when they have to compete with other vendors! How will they do on ones that they have the corner on the market for?