Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Effects of rain on light projectiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Effects of rain on light projectiles

Great job justgoto! Iwonder how size and velocity of rain drops would effect the bullets. I read rain drops range in size from about 1/4 inch and down. Those looked like maybe 1/4 inch size?

I've also heard that small high velocity varmint bullets explode on contact with rain. Sounds like another experiment

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

That was a clever experiment, well done sir
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Gold Member

Thank you for the kind words!

I have asked YouTube Channel Ultraslo to video a bullet hitting a drop of water with his high speed camera to see if the bullet actually touches the drop of water. He said when the weather breaks he'll record the video.

Thanks again!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams