Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Dave King & Spreadsheet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Dave King & Spreadsheet

At one point Dave King wrote:

I have a small spreadsheet I use for ballistics, it's small enough to run on a Palm computer. I have a spreadsheet that does Coriolis and I imagine that with a little time I can add this "spin drift" Yaw of Repose item too. Perhaps I could just build a small program in Visual Basic to do all this and put it out here on the site. I would require some technical assistance for the items I've not dealt with in the past.
What's others thought on this software issue?

Dave, What kind of spreadsheet are you talking about?? What all does it do?

I might be able to help you with it. MIGHT!!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:23 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: Dave King & Spreadsheet

Now that I have joined the ranks of PDA users, I would love to have such a program!

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 05-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Dave,

Thanx for your reply.

Can I ask what program this spreadsheet is in?? I love making programs for ballistics and load data.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Just a bit of mental health shreadsheet fun I was having. Just something to keep me busy and thinking about ballistics.

I have at times had it on a Pocket PC, didn't encorporate the Coriolis portion but I still have the calcs.

I guess I could be convinced to start it up again.