Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Dad's new 7 saum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Silver Member

Dad's new 7 saum

Nothing fancy, just a nice clean rifle. Started as a Remington Model 7. I finished the stock for him. Thanks to J E Custom for the Assassin Brake on the end of the tube. Dad loves the performance and looks that the Assassin provides. A lighter trigger and this baby is ready for the field. Gun is heavy...short barrel with the assassin, pillar and glass bed, and the laminate stock. I'm guessing 10-11 lbs. My dad is 65 years old and has never had a great shooting, good looking gun. Now he has both.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Dad's new 7 saum-image.jpg  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Dad's new 7 saum

Here's a pic of that big Assassin Brake!!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Dad's new 7 saum-image.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Gold Member

Really nice rifle for sure! Great to hear you built it for your Dad. Is that the factory 7mm SAUM barrel?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Silver Member

Thanks! Yeah....said he wanted nothing fancy. Just clean and nice. He did have 2 musts on the list. The first was that it needed to be accurate. The second was that it had to have a round assassin brake. I went 2 for 2. Anyone of you would have done the same for your fathers.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublezranch View Post
Thanks! Yeah....said he wanted nothing fancy. Just clean and nice. He did have 2 musts on the list. The first was that it needed to be accurate. The second was that it had to have a round assassin brake. I went 2 for 2. Anyone of you would have done the same for your fathers.
I will surely build my Dad a very nice rifle in the future. Have always planned that once I get older and more knowledgeable on gunsmithing that I will build him one myself. Would be an awesome project and could really customize it to his needs and likings. Really like the rifle you had built for your father though! Great job!