Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Custom Left Hand Rifles - 4 to 6 week completion times on left hand rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Left Hand Rifles - How much interest is there in "Ready To Ship" left hand rifles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
I am relying on this POLL at LRH for cartridges to determine what is mainstream.

Attachment 2350
I assume you're relying on that poll because those are the calibers you do/may offer? I say this because there are other calibers that come to mind that aren't listed. Just a comment.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Left Hand Rifles - How much interest is there in "Ready To Ship" left hand rifles

After I bought my first lefty I was sold on them. Have six to date and most took about 6-9 months to make. Don't care how long it takes. I want the best gun....for me
Old 08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Bronze Member

Lefties---------------God's cruel joke? From a purely economic business perspective having product sit on the shelf is costly. to some degree, how fast could you turn a custom southpaw around for a customer would be the main selling point. Cash on the barrel, is four weeks out of the question? If not, then by all means take the lefthand orders. Long range shooting is a challange, make southpaw custom a challange and expand business horizons.
Then again, I may be missing the target on this one. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I think that your potential sales, at least initially, will be greater than the 10% LH shooter figure because there is a pent up demend in the market. Plus it would give you some measure of "goodwill" to offer quality rifles to that segment of the market.

Yes, I'm left handed.

My vote would be is if you are willing to at least offer to make them that would be huge. If there isn't enough demand to keep one on the shelves then that's fine. I'd be willing to wait a few extra weeks to get a custom build in left handed.

Off them in which ever other calibers you already build rifles in if that is possible.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Well being left handed myself, I actually enjoy shooting right hand bolt guns. My right hand is quick to reload and my left gets to stay home on the trigger. That being said, I have actually heard a few righty guys shooting lefty bolts for same reason. Mainly blaser guys though. That could be another angle for you...
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipelt View Post
Being left handed I would look at stocks with ambi features more than lefthand righthand only. While prone using my right hand to work the bolt while my left stays has never bothered me at all. Off hand shots I bring the rifle down and work the action with my right hand. Not quite as fast with follow up shots though. Never owned a lefthanded gun, learned with a righthanded and never looked back. Just my 2 cents.

Brent

X2....