Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Custom Left Hand Rifles - 4 to 6 week completion times on left hand rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Silver Member

Re: Left Hand Rifles - How much interest is there in "Ready To Ship" left hand rifles

if they could be shipped to a dealer in canada then i would buy one tomorrow. maybe 2...or 3 haha.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: Left Hand Rifles - How much interest is there in "Ready To Ship" left hand rifles

Shawn, sorry about our US export laws.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 09-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Official Sponsor of LRH

Over the years we have sold quite a number of left hand stocks inletted for right hand actions. As with the poster above when kids get to the hunting/shooting age most fathers start them out using what they have until they determine that the youngster is actually going to enjoy it and the investment isn't going to be wasted. Sometimes that process lasts into early adulthood and by that time they are so used to using a right hand action that they don't want to have to relearn how to operate the bolt. Having a rifle that fits them even if the bolt is on the opposite side can really make a difference in how well they shoot.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm a lefty and i prefer a right handed rifle. They are very useful to a left handed shooter when shooting off a bench and once you learn to use them left handed the shooter can become very proficient at cycling the action . Also if you had to sell a left handed rifle they would be much harder to get rid of than a right. So in answer to your question, as a southpaw myself, I don't think there is much of a market for left handed rifles, like I said I'm a lefty and I wouldn't buy one. In either case good luck.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Official Sponsor of LRH

[QUOTE=shawnb;544283]if they could be shipped to a dealer in canada then i would buy one tomorrow. maybe 2...or 3 haha.[/QUOTE

Can I hold you to that Shawn. We apply for and receive export permits to Canada all the time. If you can provide us with the paperwork we need, we will have no problem sending you a hunting rifle. Unfortunately your government won't allow you to own a Tac-50 so scratch that one.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 AM

i,m a lefty and its hard to find a more upspected rifle off the shelf in your average gun store here in NZ. just your basic models and thay cost more then the same in right hand action.
savage is about the only company that don,t hike the price but in saying that the rifles have less features like blind magazine only
i supose the only way to get what you want is to customise and that costs
[Len when did you say you were moving to new zealand]
i,ve got 4 L/H bolt action rifles and i can do follow up shots heaps quicker then i can with a R/H action rifle and stay on the target with out having to find it in the scope again as i do with a R/H action rifle espcially if your pray is on the move
Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 AM

HI GUYS AND GALS..
JUST BEEN CHILLING OUT DURING THE WINTER SEASON. DOING A LOT OF RELOADING, CHECKING GUNS AND GENERALLY FIGURING OUT WHAT TO DO NEXT. HUNTING DAYS ARE LONG GONE...83 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST A CONTENT TO BENCH SHOOT WITH MY PET TOYS AND KILL ASPIRINS AT 100 YARDS WITH MY 20 VARTARG CUSTOM. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE COMING SEASON, AS I HAVE WORKED UP SOME NEW LOADS...PRIMARILY FOR ACCURACY...IN THE 20 & 22 CALIBERS RANGE...ALSO AM WORKING UP LOAD FOR MY 38-55 & 45-70 SHOOTERS..LIKE TO KEEP THEM SOFT...DON'T NEED TO BE PUNISHED AT THE BUTT PLATE END....JUST GOT QUALIFIED AS AN NRA RSO....SO I WILL DO MORE INSTRUCTING AS WELL...

AIM TIGHT...SHOOT STRAIGHT...ENJOY THE HERITAGE..

Lowall...........(nick name...since I have 3 original lowalls and 1 hiwall)