Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Cronograph's ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Cronograph's ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Everyone take a deep breath please.

Spring will be here soon.
Len you could certainly help break us up with a new single shot rifle board (like Ruger #1's and 1885's).

By the way for all you weaklings, I'm going fishing in the rain and with temps that are about 38 degrees.
gary
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
You've shown nothing ... again get off your high chair but please don't hurt yourself.
Did so, poor soul. Let me know if you need a lift off the low chair. Upwards that is.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Silver Member

I hate to interrupt the lively conversation here but I've been wondering if anyone has tried running one of the new magnetospeeds along with an oehler 35p? I have a 35p currently and I love it, but it's a PITA to set up and get right and when the wind is blowing the printer paper tends to get blown all over the place. I've been thinking about getting one of the magneto chronos and using it in conjuntion with the 35p. I know that the fps will be different, but the ES and SD should be the same. I think it would be interesting to see how close they were regarding these measurements. I've heard nothing but good things about the magnetos and I think if I eventually felt comfortable that the magnetospeed was accurate I would consider selling the 35p. Has anyone out there tried this?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbycotn View Post
I hate to interrupt the lively conversation here but I've been wondering if anyone has tried running one of the new magnetospeeds along with an oehler 35p? I have a 35p currently and I love it, but it's a PITA to set up and get right and when the wind is blowing the printer paper tends to get blown all over the place. I've been thinking about getting one of the magneto chronos and using it in conjuntion with the 35p. I know that the fps will be different, but the ES and SD should be the same. I think it would be interesting to see how close they were regarding these measurements. I've heard nothing but good things about the magnetos and I think if I eventually felt comfortable that the magnetospeed was accurate I would consider selling the 35p. Has anyone out there tried this?
Look @ link on #31 post!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Did so, poor soul. Let me know if you need a lift off the low chair. Upwards that is.
No thanks, unlike you, I don't have very far to fall.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
All of this is new to me.................Long Range to me is 400yards, and yet I have never shot anything close to that. My last Antelope was less than 200 and my last Mule Deer was way close, shot him coming through the Junipers at about 50 yards... My son shot a Black Bear at 211 this fall with my .243 AI
Velocity and BC is that all the info you need to come up with the figures...........I dont know. However it would be nice to know what my loads are doing..........Anyone live in Reno, Nevada, or close to it...........that owns a cronograph?

I live in Dayton and work in Carson. I have a Magnetospeed that you could use.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

Like I said ...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
To the OP,

I am heartily sorry that I contributed in highjacking your thread, there are lots of good people here always willing and able to help.

Thanks!

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
I live in Dayton and work in Carson. I have a Magnetospeed that you could use.
geargrinder is definitely one of them good people.

It don't get no better than that!