Hey folks, just wanted to show everyone my recent build. Other than a much needed paint-job, its basically finished!
- Savage 111 action
- Boyd's Classic stock - with plywood/bondo buildup of grip
- homemade Kydex (.09" thick) cheekpiece
- CBI Criterion barrel - Lite Varmint Contour, 24" (from Jim Briggs, highly recommended)
- precision recoil lug (also from Jim Briggs)
- Warne Tactical Base (steel)
- Seekins 30mm Rings - medium height
- SWFA 5-20x50 scope
- Pillar bedded with Devcon epoxy
Shoots pretty good too.
Nosler 100gr. Ballistic Tip
CCI Benchrest primers
The following groups are all loaded with either 47.8, 47.9 or 48.0 grains of powder. They're booking at about 2950 fps.
In regards to IMR4350, does anyone have any experience with it in terms of temperature stability? These are my first loads using it.