Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Considering a Rem 700 SPS Var LH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 08:44 PM

Considering a Rem 700 SPS Var LH

I grew up shooting RH auto loaders left handed for fun, enjoyment and hunting but that came to a halt back in the late 80's when the ex took them with her when she left. My only experience with a bolt gun was 10 years ago when I picked up a Rem 710 and promptly put it away.

Today, I'm needing a hobby that will get me out of the house and since I always enjoyed shooting, I want to start it up again and maybe even try a little F-T/R. As a lefty, my options are limited so I'm considering the Rem 700 SPS Var LH but I'm not too keen on a breech loader/unloader/floor plate configuration.

So, my question is, is it possible to go to a detachable mag feed configuration?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Silver Member

Re: Considering a Rem 700 SPS Var LH

There are sevral drop mag set ups that are either direct bolt on or with minor mod to the stock. I have a wyatts drop mag, b&c stock on a 308sps varmit. Also h s presision, badger ord. and others make them. Just look at stockys, brownells, midway, ect. Lots to choose from.