Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Confusing Exbal Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Gold Member

Re: Confusing Exbal Question

Aj, KQ Guy, Cruizin, you guys all have some good input and ideas. I also just received an email from Gerald Perry with some good advice as well. I have been thinking about getting the CED Millenium II Chrono for some time and I think the time is now. I will have to start over with more reliable inputs and I think that will get me where I need to be. I'll check the tracking on this scope as well. Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: Confusing Exbal Question

Sounds to me like you are having drag model and BC issues.

After you iron out all the other variables such as your scope height and such, take your real world data and go back to your program and try different drag models (G5, G7 ect.... and different BC numbers untill your program matches your real world results. This will be your drag function and BC you will use from now on.

Also it is REALLY important to input real air conditions during your tests. If you dont have a hand held wheather station, go to the web site below and select your closest air port. This will give you the closest data. Remember too when you use air port info to select the altitude youre at and the "area pressure" NOT station pressure.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.