Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

combined technology bullets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Bronze Member

Re: combined technology bullets?

It does not build up, maybe you cleaning techniques and product aren't cleaning the layer of carbon and copper well. I use a bore scope all the time and the Lubalox in my 06 is not building up and it is not hard to clean, like I said it is not moly which does build up.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Bronze Member

I have and use a bore scope often. My 30-06 does not have any build up in it from the Lubalox. It is not a moly which does build up and is hard to clean. Your cleaning products or the way you clean might be a problem, my 06 cleans up quick, I use Deaton's Cun Care Products. Just to make sure I was stating the facts that I have experienced I looked in my barrel again with my bore scope to check since I just clean my rifle last week from a range session with the Combined Technologies 180gr BT that is coated with Lubalox and I have no build up. Don't know what your problem is but I don't have that problem.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Lubalox is an oxidation process, it is nothing like molly.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

I have a Win M70 with the BOSS chambered in 300 Win Mag and have fired many hundreds of Lubalox coated BST bullets and Fail Safe bullets, have not encountered any kind of build up, the BST load still prints 3 shots into a triangular 1/2" group and sometimes better, have used the same load since developing it in 1998....

My positive experiences with the CT Lubalox coated bullets were the direct result of going to coated bullets for all my guns, have used moly but won't again, Have been coating all my bullets with tungsten, both jacketed rifle bullets and hard cast lead bullets for my revolvers......

Like Lubalox the tungsten does not build up and is very easy to clean, moly on the other hand is difficult to remove if allowed to get out of control and will rust under the layers of copper fouling and start pitting your bore
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
combined technology bullets?-1-300-win.-mag.jpg  

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Bronze Member

i have tried a few of them in different calibers. i have an older 7rm sendero that loves the 140g ones. the gun shoots good with a very wide range of stuff, but the 140ct at about 3000fps (24in barrel) will consistently make tiny groups.

it has been shot a bunch over the years, but i haven't had any problem with cleanup at all with them.