Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Check this out and let me know what you think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 10:49 AM

Re: Check this out and let me know what you think

cost of program???
LRH discount [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Gold Member

since most guys will be using this for LRH, what drag f. are you considering so that the input BC is correct?

is it posible to add a mil. correction window ?
Old 06-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

By default, the program uses the G1, however, there is a field for "ballistic coefficient decy rate" LR shooters can adjust that field to help match their real world bullet drops. I am concidering adding other various functions, such as mil corrections ect...

Hope that helps some!

Ric, costs can be found at the bottom of this page http://www.maeichele.addr.com/Rifles.htm

LRH.com discount applies to reloader's archive and crack shot. 25% off. The stand alone calculator will still be $10.00 USD.

On a side note, the current crack shot demo has no ballistic calculations, it only calculates where your bullets will fall in relation to each hold over using your inputed bullet drops. The new crack shot, when finished will have ballistic calculation fields in it, but only for the ranges specified by the user. Say you want mil 1-5 to be used 100 yards apart, it will give you 5 ranges and your drops automaticaly for those ranges. If you are using the NP-R2 you can set them up in 100 yard increments or 100 up to 700 and then set them for 50 after that...whatever you decide.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

alg,

Your request has been granted. I added an option box that allows users to choose between MOA, Mils, NP-R2 Bars and clicks. Select 1 and the elevation values change accordingly and instantly.

Anything else I might add for you??
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.