Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Check this out and let me know what you think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Check this out and let me know what you think

http://www.maeichele.addr.com/Rifles...or%20Demmo.mdb

If you cant open the downloaded file, the you must click the link below to download and install the program (ART2K)that will allow you to use the demo.

http://www.maeichele.addr.com/Rifles...in%20Setup.zip

If neither will let you open them you must right click on the icons and select properties, then click, unblock, and then apply.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Check this out and let me know what you think

There was a mix up of programs. If you downloaded an .mde file you most likly couldnt open it.

The problem has been fixed. The link above should have a .mdb extension on it, redownload that one and try it again.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

meichele,

Where is this heading? Looks pretty fair to me. Looks like a lot of work. ALso looks well put together (GUI) and quite user friendly.

How's this sound: Give a fella a program and frustrate him for a day. Teach a fella to program and frustrate him for life! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work.....
Old 06-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Platinum Member

I see you have programed before!!

Where is this heading? Well, as of right now, the original Reloaders Archive is being completly overhauled. Mostly to make it more user friendly and to add a real ballistic calculator to it. The work is actualy been done, I am just finishing up with getting my copywrites up to date and adding some security features.

I am also making some much smaller programs that are parts of the reloaders archive with out the whole data base. For instance, some shooters like the reticle optimizer but dont like the rest of the program, so "Crack Shot" will be just the reticle analyzing part of the reloaders archive. Also, I will be offering the ballistic calculator as a stand alone as well for those that want a economical yet high performance ballistic calculator that is also easy to use. I am trying to make it as easy to use as Barnes Bullets calculator, but yet with the versatility of RSI and possibly even greater accuracy than the RSI.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:32 AM

looks great but when do I get to use it to see if it works??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

The real copies will be available around July 15th.

Parts of the demo that do work are the "check" boxes and the alitude and pressure fields. If you select differant "check box" options, and adjust those fields, you can get a pretty good idea that it works and works quite well!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

I forgot...

The Start range and range increment fields in the demo version are also adjustable.