Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

chamber snafu question for smiths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Re: chamber snafu question for smiths

Thanks 308nate for the response. I think I'm going to do just that. I contacted him and told him I would rather buy one and keep it rather than do another crapshoot. I think he was trying to save me some money wich I appreciate until it causes errors. Gunsmithing is a frustrating business. On the one hand you got the guy with the hand me down house fire 410 shotgun from 1922 thats a hazard to begin with telling you to fix it for less than twenty bucks, and then you got guys like us saying this is what I want, do it exactly like this, I've ran the ballistics, I want this stock etc. and dont cut any corners. It would be hard to find the balance and make a profit. The truth is I've tipped my smith on a few occasions for building my tacticly eccentric oddities. I would like to see him do well because before he got to town there were three old time fuddy duddy smiths that would take a year just to build an 30-06. Oh and heaven forbid you bring them an ar-15, m-14, or long ranger, because who needs those durn things anyway, dont you know those will invert your retnas and cause yor shins to splint [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Thank god for lrh and gunsmiths with new ideas.

Have a good sunday [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].