Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

CED M2 EO error message

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Silver Member

CED M2 EO error message

I have been using the CED M2 chronograph and love it but when I get an EO error (missed start sensor) per the handbook, I have to turn the unit off, and back on to get it to reset the shot. The string of shots just prior are logged and recorded . Pressing the OM (omit) button to omit the shot or the CLR (clear) after the error message does nothing. Otherwise the unit functions fine. Wondering if I have a defective unit or if other shooters have seen the same thing.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Gold Member

Re: CED M2 EO error message

I just worked through the same problems. Do you have the IR sky screens? I do and it was a problem with the connections between the arm and the screen on the top. I cleaned them and bent them a little to make a firmer connection. It can be caused by low battery for the sky screens also. The final thing that caused the error was having the screens a little too close and on a shaky mount. I made a solid mount out of rectangular steel tubing under the bottom of it and stopped getting those errors. So after a bunch of frustration those three fixes got things working like I thought they should.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: CED M2 EO error message

No IR screns, just the regular screens.

I guess what bothers me isn't that I'm getting the E0 message, it's just that I have to restart the *%$(%* thing every time I get the error. I should be able to omit the shot from the string and reshoot. Not the case. Good advice on stabilization though. I have been thinking of getting the IR's and shooting through a black box on sawhorses. It's just getting a little crazy with all the B.S. I have to pack to the range everytime.