Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

CEB 140grn G10 MTH & 6.5 WSM-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: CEB 140grn G10 MTH & 6.5 WSM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
We've been using the same BC as the Berger 140 Hybrid, the Matrix is the most accurate bullet we've loaded in the 6.5 Sherman. Hopefully the Matrix treat you well. These CE's are way long, I guess we'll see how they fly
I would like to see how the CE compare to the matrix 142 and 160, and the berger 140 hybrid... hint hint such as this

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member

Riley, I'll see what I can do for a pic. The 140 CE and the 160 Corbin jacket Matrix are so close in shape and length it's kinda odd, Outlaw I don't know if your going to stabilize that Matrix or not, if you don't let me know and I'll buy them back from you.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Riley, I'll see what I can do for a pic. The 140 CE and the 160 Corbin jacket Matrix are so close in shape and length it's kinda odd, Outlaw I don't know if your going to stabilize that Matrix or not, if you don't let me know and I'll buy them back from you.
Rhian, Marshal uses corbin jackets? I wasnt sure but i thought he used j4s, i bet the corbins are quite a bit softer, i am going to try sending one into some milk jugs at reduced velocity today if i can make it out.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Rhian, Marshal uses corbin jackets? I wasnt sure but i thought he used j4s, i bet the corbins are quite a bit softer, i am going to try sending one into some milk jugs at reduced velocity today if i can make it out.
He recently started using both, the first 160's I had were on the J4 and they are a little shorter bullet because the jacket is thinner on them. The Corbin has a thicker base and shank but the nose thins out real thin, it should allow for excellent expansion but the heavy shank should control it to a degree and allow it to be pushed from some of the cases that would smoke a J4.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

Ok cool, so would it be safe to say mine are the corbin jackets? And a thicker base makes me happi, happi, happi. I think an amax with the back 1/3 of it bonded would be about the best long range hunting bullet, Richs are pretty awesome too, i might have to give a "donation"......

I'm 16
~George Washington

~ JE Custom

Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I hear you brother, I'm not sure if it'll get'er done or not. The first thing I thought when I opened thte box of 160's was how similar to the 140 CEB they were. If they won't stabilize, I will let you know.

I've got a pretty good feeling about the 142's though....
Stay tuned

t

Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I hear you brother, I'm not sure if it'll get'er done or not. The first thing I thought when I opened thte box of 160's was how similar to the 140 CEB they were. If they won't stabilize, I will let you know.

I've got a pretty good feeling about the 142's though....
Stay tuned

t
Since they are heavier and slightly shorter they will stabilize easier. Hope they work out for ya

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams