Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Case neck turner,suggestions please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Gold Member
Re: Case neck turner,suggestions please.

Thanks guys.

Unread 03-25-2007, 04:31 PM

i have used a sinclar for years. it turns the necks dead straght. everyone will have quality problems from time to time. the problems i have had with sinclar equiptment was corrected at sinclars expence every time to date. they take care of there customers. i don't know how many cases i have turned in the last 30 yrs but i turn them for all of my rifles weather there target guns or hunting guns. it may be anal but a 600 to 700 yrd shot requires a bit of analness, when it come to your ammo.
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member

K&m with carbide mandrel AND KM expander. Only way to go, super easy to adjust and carbide cutter also. I have 4 KMs and only way to go.

Darrel Holland at holland rifles sells a very good case neck mike for around $75

you can use either the B&D power screw drivers with the Sinclair Driver and Case holders. Cost is about $100 for that setup. Works well. forget the hand turning, it will put ridges in your cuts, go power one system or the other.

Sinclair has a new power center for turning, reaming, flasholes, primer pockets etc for nominal fee of $400

go to and get their catalog. Call Ken Markle at (717) 292-3175 for his catalog.

Unread 03-30-2007, 04:12 PM

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest. I have just got back from a trip to my Mums in London.I have bought a K&M system with all the mandrels and stuff for both my cals.I think although some say it is a waste of time,i will feel that tiny bit better for doing my best to eliminate all variables.P.s i had my first shot at 600M at Bisley whilst i was there,hitting the bull was fun once i got my elevation adj sorted.This really builds confidence in my ammo as well as my ability as a Hunter.Load data 155Gn Lap Scenars, Lap brass.Fed 209 primers.44.0 Gn Vhit 140.Thanks again.John.