Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Carbonman........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Carbonman........

You wouldn't by chance have recieved a 7mm barrel from Mike Rock this week have you?

7mmrhb was told it was shipping out 9 days ago. Hope the UPS guys haven't run for the border with some high grade steel.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Carbonman........

GG,
I talked with James this morning and found out that barrel went into the scrap bin after final inspection. They are having some issues with the 7mm rifling head. The hook advance on the 7mm machine is causing some cosmetic flaws in the grooves. I would gladly have put the barrel on a personal project rifle, however, Rock wouldn't let it out of the shop. Rock and James are both working on the issues as we speak. If they can't get that machine back running this week, I'm told they will move the process to another rifler.
UPS isn't responsible for this delay, just the gremlins that live and play in machine tools.
Mike
Old 04-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Silver Member

Mike, thats disapointing news, but I guess I have no choice but to be patient for a while longer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (not your fault)

7mmRHB
Old 04-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Bronze Member

I've got 9 more 7mm projects in the works here waiting on blanks. I'm trying to be patient too. There were 12, however, I went with 2 Lawton blanks and a Kreiger for those that weren't locked on the 5R profile. I'm personally unwilling to own anything but the 5R Rock.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Silver Member

Carbonman, I'm set on the 5R from Rock so i'll gut it out with the other eight! I'm guessing I'm next in line? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Thanks Mike, and please keep me up to date if you can.
---7mmRHB
Old 04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing I'm next in line? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Thanks Mike, and please keep me up to date if you can.
---7mmRHB

[/ QUOTE ]

You are next on the list! The Ti brake is already waiting for the rest of the parts.

I'll keep you advised.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Silver Member

Mike ,what paints and process do you recomend for painting a carbon fiber stock? (My next project) Any advise will be appreciated.---7mmRHB