Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Camo/Paint ideas for new A-5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 PM

Camo/Paint ideas for new A-5

Hey guys, been a while since ive of been on. I ordered an A-5 for my 30-06 and looking for some ideas on camo/paint for it? Patterns and color ideas more than welcome. It's coming in with just a basic tan finish. I was thinking about maybe even just doing some black webbing and doing the action, bolt handle and barrel in a flat dark earth. What you guys think? I'm open to anything really. I've changed my mind at least a half dozen times in the past day or two.. Just so excited! Thanks a bunch for any input!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Official LRH Spponsor

Re: Camo/Paint ideas for new A-5

Just got my A3-5 done

C.D. 7mm/300WM Medium Hunter - Sniper's Hide Forums
Old 11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Gold Member

Water transfer is my favorite. I did my Manners MCS-T in standard multicam and it turned out great. The metal is cerakoted graphite black.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 PM

Skyking that is a great looking rifle. I never looked into water transfer before, I bet the multicam looks good. I was going to do my rifle and scope in camo but was told it would void warranty of the scope.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Platinum Member

Manilla type ropes as a templat, with colors layered looks like weeds and grass
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Could you post a pic?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

I wish, it was a guy that I know here locally, he gets bored and starts doing things just to see how it turns out, just happened to paint a stock.
What he did was start out with a base color, then wrap a layer of rope with gaps in it, painted it what ever color, wrapped a 2nd layer of rope and painted it it another color.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe