Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Which caliber would you choose?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Which caliber would you choose?

How do you like your new VSF? Trying to find one around here but can't. Is it accurate? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Silver Member

cbaker, the palm swell that was added this year to the "improved VSF" fits my hand well. Wish the trigger guard was a bit further forward though. The fluting on the barrel adds to the cool factor but I'm not sure it is really needed. It weighs almost one pound less than the VLS. The stock color isn't bad and should blend well in my hunting areas (farmland). The new VSSF II has a sharp looking black stock with green webbing.
Haven't shot it yet. But I'm dying to...
Just dropped it off at my gunsmith to have the trigger lightened up and am supposed to have it for the weekend. He gets it down to about a safe 2lbs and that will do till I can get an after-market trigger later this year.
If it shoots as good as my VLS, I'll be happy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

Update on the trigger job. The gunsmith tells me he had a tough time making adjustments on the new gun. Also had dropped off a Remmy 222 BDL varmint and he had no difficulties adjust that trigger.
He refused to drop both triggers below 40oz which is a bit on the high side. If he's worried about liability guess I can't fault him for that. The Jewel trigger keeps looking better and better.

Anyone have an idea on how to safely lower your trigger weight on a Remmy 700?
And have the new Remington triggers been changed?
Thanks