Originally Posted by knc1105
I wish someone smarter than me would send me how to post a picture here. Thanks
Someone else will have to help you out with the smarter than you part, but I can help out on the picture!
This is a 3 Phase Operation; Phase 1 is LRH Forum Browser Setup, Phase 2 is Image Acquisition, and Phase 3 is Image Posting
LRH Forum Browser Setup
1. Log in to LRH
2. Scroll/Look to the upper right of your screen and click on "Private Messages"
3. Look to the center left of your screen and click on "Edit Options". It's under the "Settings and Options" dark brown block.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Miscellaneous Options" block.
5. Select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWG Interface" from the drop down box.
6. Click on the "Save Changes" button just left and below the drop down box.
Phase II-Image Acquisition
This forum (as most) will not allow you to directly upload images from your computer to a posting. Instead it requires that it be posted elsewhere on the World Wide Web. Your post of your "picture" will actually be a link or "URL" of the picture as it's hosted by another website/server elsewhere on the web. Len's magic forum translates that link into an image.
The bad part #1...you'll need to register an account with either a pay service like smugmug
or a free service like photobucket
. After registration, you'll be able to upload your images, which will enable you to get a link or "URL" for them.
The bad part #2...Due to the varied processing of uploading pictures, this post won't be able to help you in that regard....so no step by step for that process. Just follow the guidance contained for the photo hosting service you sign up for to upload the pictures.
The good part..there are already a jazillion images on the web with URLs/links, so if there's a picture you see on the web you want to post , it's already "hosted" there for the posting.
Phase III-Image Posting
1. Open another internet browser window than your LRH window screen and browse to the image on the web you want to post.
2a. If using Firefox as a browser-Right click on the image, and left click on "Copy Image Location".
2b. If using Internet Explorer as a browser-Right click on the image, and left click on "Properties". Then using your left mouse button, highlight the URL/link and right click on the highlighted text, and left click on "Copy".
3. Now go back to your LRH window.
4. Start your new post, thread, quote as necessary.
5. Once your new post window screen is displayed click on the
button at the top of editor box. It will ask you for a URL/link.
6. Right click inside the text box, and left click on "Paste".
7. Click on the "Preview Post" bottom to the bottom right of the post text editor box you just posted the picture in to see what your picture looks like in your post.
8. Edit as necessary.
9. You just went from a picture posting zero to a picture posting hero!
There's a more comprehensive discussion on picture posting at the thread below.