Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Bobby Hart LRT, Long action stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member

Bobby Hart LRT, Long action stock?

Hi guys, I am in the process of building another 7mm STW rifle. I have pretty much decided to use the Bobby Hart LRT stock on this one. This model is the one without the block. They do have a model WITH a bedding block, but I am going to pillar, and glss bed it myself. I just did a LSS, and it came out PERFECT, and shoots like a dream. My question is to those that have either bought the long action or the short, how do you like the stock. Did you have to get longer action screws, and how was the overall fit when you first got it? Those that reply, thanks in advance, any info appreciated. Take care to all !!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Bobby Hart LRT, Long action stock?

I have the non bedding block Bobby Hart LRT with a SA Rem 700. Used same action screws. The cheek weld is perfect even with the higher picatinny and a 50mm scope. When shooting it off a front rest the stock does sit a bit higher. Have had to use a thicker rear bag. When a shorty Harris bi-pod is used there is no issue.

Here is my 6-284 in the Bobby Hart LRT
Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Gold Member

Good looking rifle.
Perfect color to blend in at sunset at your range.

I have not seen that stock before. Where are they sold?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the compliments. Stocky's sells them *NEW!* Bobby Hart AccuBlock Long Range Target / Tactical

It was a dawn pic and it was deliberate to enhance the colors
Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter View Post
I have the non bedding block Bobby Hart LRT with a SA Rem 700. Used same action screws. The cheek weld is perfect even with the higher picatinny and a 50mm scope. When shooting it off a front rest the stock does sit a bit higher. Have had to use a thicker rear bag. When a shorty Harris bi-pod is used there is no issue.

AZshooter, that is certainly a awesome rig, and is even more reason for me to go that route. I have already decided to do so, but now, I am at least considering the model with the block, but am very capable of pillar bedding, and completely bedding the action and lug myself. Did you add any type of bedding or pillars to yours? I have decided on the Tawny Brown color, in the satin finish. I just like the way it looks, and I like how yours looks as well. Nice job , and thanks for the reply.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member

The barrel channel was enlarged for the monsterous bartlein barrel and it was bedded. Didn't even touch the finish.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter View Post

Nice rifle, but the little handle is on the wrong side!!!!