Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Beyond Belief Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Re: Beyond Belief Video

I have never seen the video myself. I have watched a couple of Butch's though.
Yes, this site is an excellent resource to learn from.
But, after you do your homework, get out in the field and give it a whirl and learn from your mistakes and when you succeed.

Unread 09-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Bronze Member

I bought the video at Cabela's in PA. I paid 14.95. It was reduced from 24.95 The three video pack was 119.99. Too much for me.

I am new here but not new to long range shooting. I grew up with the men who formed the Original 1000 yd. benchrest club in Bodines, PA Before having the club they shot from farm to farm. That was at least 40 yrs. ago. The biggest problem that I now have is there is nowhere to shoot long range. I now live in NY on the PA border.

My wife an I have shot antelope at long range. Her longest is 526 yds. and mine 483 yds. She uses a 25-06 and I use a .300 Win. I sight both rifles in for 300 yds. and hold high out to 500 yds. Both rifles shoot under 1/2" at 100 yds. and hitting is no problem out to 500 yds. We are also avid groundhog, rockchuck and prairie dog hunters. Here in the east we try to shoot the groundhogs from at least 300 yds.

Thanks to all who replied.

Unread 09-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

We must be watching different videos because no where on the video I watched did it say a word about what cartridge he was using and there were no white dots on the steel plates either.

Maybe John caught enough flack for that from experienced shooters that be had to put out an undated version of the video.

In talking with John, He told me that he has used his version of the 7mm STW using a special throat speicifically for the Barnes bullets. That may have changed as well over time but when I spoke with him this was what he was using and that is what he said he used in the videos at that time.

Again, from the sounds of it, it appears there are more then one version of his videos out there.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page:
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member

My version also does not state what caliber he actually is using. Sometimes he'll say what bullet was used, but thats great, what freaking caliber!?!? About all I got from the video was him saying how far they were. Just seems like a doofus if you ask me.

BTW, what the heck kinda scope, or turrets is he using?? They dont really look to well made. Almost looks like stoney point knobs??
Unread 09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Bronze Member

Mabey they sent a different version of the video to Canada [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img].
In any event I did enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone getting into long range shooting.
Life is short... Lets go kill something
Unread 09-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Gold Member

thats the "how to shoot long range" series he put out. seems like he covers that stuff, and shows some flyers on paper, that are not in beyond belief

like everyone else said, fun to watch, and I sure wish it was as easy as just dialing up and lettin er fly. but that would take all the "fun" out of shooting i guess...
Unread 09-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

I also have the video and is different than what you explain. But I'll say this, I did really enjoy it, I don't believe there is nothing misleading done on purpose, apparently John uses three different sets of turrets for three different sets of elevations, I do not like that system, but other than that the video was and is a lot of fun to watch and I did enjoy it! I do want to keep mine!

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!