Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Best Reloading Dies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Bronze Member

Best Reloading Dies?

I am building either a 264 Wm or a 26 Nosler who makes the best dies probably leaning toward the 264 I am aware that no one probably makes dies for the 26 nosler yet but I assume whoever makes the best dies in general would probably make really good dies for the nosler eventually

Last edited by stephenr6565; 02-17-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Best Reloading Dies?

Well...Seeing as to how the .26 Nosler hasn't even been released yet, I don't see much to compare with.

But if you want to know who makes the best dies, in general...Well, I like (and use) both Redding and RCBS dies.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Well...Seeing as to how the .26 Nosler hasn't even been released yet, I don't see much to compare with.

But if you want to know who makes the best dies, in general...Well, I like (and use) both Redding and RCBS dies.
LL!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post

I am aware the nosler was just released I guess I should have worded that one a little better so I edited my question
Old 02-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

I have loaded good ammunition with a lot of different brands of dies but I think the gold star goes to Redding. BTW, I think the 264Win is, from my experience, a cartridge that needs to be neck sized, although this varies from one chamber to another.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

I would send John Whidden a print of your reamer and have him make you a set of custom dies. It will run you a little over $200 and turn around is good.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I would send John Whidden a print of your reamer and have him make you a set of custom dies. It will run you a little over $200 and turn around is good.
Ill look into it thanks