Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

The best Barrels made?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
tell you what you have my order from the last 2 I ordered and if you want to send me another blank I will invest the money to get it fitted and will report back my findings after shooting it. With me time is the main consideration because I have precious little of it and now with fuel being what it is travel to matches is ugly so a non performing tube is considered disposable to me in the grand scheme of things.

Please let us know if you receive another Bartlein barrel and if so, how it performs. Better bore scope this one prior to installation. Almost sounds like they've got their act together now.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Gold Member

My Light Gun has a Bartlein barrel on it and I am very happy with it.
Brux lead times have increased so my next barrel will likely be a Bartlein as well.
If you go to 08LDResults look at the equipment lists and you'll see that many long range competition shooters are having good luck with Bartlein, along with many others as well.
James
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Gold Member

What is the Price of the Best Barrel ?

Terry

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 07-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone View Post
What is the Price of the Best Barrel ?

Terry
Terry, most of the top name barrels are over $300 but less than $350 for stainless.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Gold Member

When last I checked both Brux and Bartlien were around $270 for SS, really not a bad price considering what you are getting.

James
Old 07-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Please let us know if you receive another Bartlein barrel and if so, how it performs. Better bore scope this one prior to installation. Almost sounds like they've got their act together now.
Did not think I would get a response back but that is the way it goes! Just as well because over time my tolerance for something less than perfect is just about gone. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice---you know the restů..
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 AM

You didn't think you would get a response! You had mention that time is a consideration of yours! Well it is for us also and you are a waist of our time.

We had a customer when we we're at Krieger just like you. That one was a learning curve for Krieger and myself. In the course of one year we made the guy 25 barrels and replaced half of them for one reason or another. I put you in the same boat! Krieger & I made a decision that we wouldn't do business with him anymore and we came to the same conclusion here with you! We are cutting our losses with you early!

You said it was an experiment but you never said what it was about the first time around, funny you seem to say it differently now! If the barrels had some type of marks or something in the bore it's funny how we didn't have 50 other guys who got 6.5mm barrels from us and had a complaint! Can you explain that? You are the only one!

Also why would I want to waste any more of my time with you after you send me a private email a while back and call me a F***ing idiot!

I go back to what we said before! Neither barrel was never returned to us for us to look at! We will not warranty or stand behind something we cannot see for ourselves. Also tell your gunsmith buddy that he still owes us for a invoice that he never paid for (not yours)! As your gunsmiths buddy shop closed up how do we know you got our barrels put on your gun? Where you there when they got smithed? Rumor going around a lot of people had problems getting they're stuff back etc....and as that shop came to a close how do we know the smithing work was of quality work that was done. Was it hurried up and pushed out the door! I didn't want to respond to any of your email/postings because we are pissed over this whole thing, and it's not worth our time, but you pushed!

Why don't you use your real name if you got something to say! If you keep it up I will post your real name for all to see! Also if I ever run into you at a match or know of you going to be at a match that one of us can make it to we will talk face to face!

I want one of the barrels back to inspect before we would even consider making you another one. Weather you pay for it or not!

Have a good one Dave!

Frank Green and Tracy Bartlein