Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

berger.what´s happening?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Gold Member

berger.what´s happening?

I went to Berger´s web page and have found they will - soon- introduce a new line of hunting bullets- It is curious that Match /target bullets are also announced in the "coming soon" category , and the BC´s are different from the currently published ones at least in some I am familiar with ( i.e. 6,5 cal 140 VLD).-

Does anyone have first hand information?? Whoever goes to Shot in Florida could solve these questions maybe??
Old 01-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: berger.what´s happening?

I sure hope they don't change or alter the 210 VLD. It has filler my freezer more than once and I have 3 rifles that love them.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member

Jeff, what BC do you use for the 210 VLD's?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler kemp View Post
jeff, what bc do you use for the 210 vld's?

Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Obviously it works very well for you, I was wondering since they recently lowered it a fair bit.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

The current update of the website lists our experimentally measured BC's. The old BC's were based on a computer prediction program. Although they were accurate, the new numbers are based on measurements of actual test firing so are more accurate, though not very different for most bullets.

It's important to remember that the bullets themselves have not changed. We just have a more accurate way of determining BC for the same bullets.

The box labels have been printed with the new BC's for a few weeks already, the website has just now caught up. Website and labels are now in sync.

I'm happy to answer any further questions regarding our BC's, or the website. There's still a large portion of it under construction.

-Bryan

Author of: Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting
And: Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting

Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl135 View Post
The current update of the website lists our experimentally measured BC's. The old BC's were based on a computer prediction program. Although they were accurate, the new numbers are based on measurements of actual test firing so are more accurate, though not very different for most bullets.

It's important to remember that the bullets themselves have not changed. We just have a more accurate way of determining BC for the same bullets.

The box labels have been printed with the new BC's for a few weeks already, the website has just now caught up. Website and labels are now in sync.

I'm happy to answer any further questions regarding our BC's, or the website. There's still a large portion of it under construction.

-Bryan
Bryan,

At the risk of highjacking the thread there are many of us constantly wondering when the much anticipated 338 cal 300 grn VLD will be available and also predicted BC ?

It would be nice to get it from the horses mouth so to speak. I know I first heard about the imminent release about 2 years ago but one year rolls into the next ? Will we ever see them eventuate. They would be a huge hit with us boys !!

Many thanks for your participation in the thread.

Best regards

DUH