Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Berger more than doubles it bullet making capacity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Platinum Member

Berger more than doubles it bullet making capacity

Not sure if the members here are aware of the news. Berger will be adding SIX new bullet making machines to their existing FIVE. That will make eleven machines!!!

This should help us find our favorite bullets more easily plus maybe they can get to the 7mm 195 and the 270 170 gr bullets soon!

Rise of the Machines — Berger Doubles Bullet-Making Capacity Daily Bulletin
Old 01-20-2014, 06:41 AM
Silver Member

Re: Berger more than doubles it bullet making capacity

I often wonder why in the world manufacturers in the firearms industry don't vastly increase production capacity. Great move on Berger
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member

Sweet! Thanks for the update.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Kiser View Post
I often wonder why in the world manufacturers in the firearms industry don't vastly increase production capacity. Great move on Berger
Indeed. I haven't seen .22 LR on the shelves for over a year, not to mention powder or brass. I've never seen an industry that leaves so much money on the table, as the ammo makers. Sure they have their excuses, but can you imagine if Apple, Dell, or any phone maker couldn't make enough product. They would find ways to increase production to meet demand, and do it in a flexible manner.

I'm switching over the Bergers for all my rifles. I simply can't rely on Sierra and Nosler to produce bullets in a timely fashion. Hornady seems a little better, so I'll probably keep flinging their 53 gr. Vmax.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilscungilli View Post
Indeed. Sure they have their excuses, but can you imagine if Apple, Dell, or any phone maker couldn't make enough product. They would find ways to increase production to meet demand, and do it .
They is a lot of difference between Apple, Dell, phone makers and Berger.
The first 3 outsource their production to other companies overseas and Berger does their own manufacturing in house in the U.S.. I dread the day that bullet manf. send their manufacturing overseas to 2nd and 3rd parties..
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
They is a lot of difference between Apple, Dell, phone makers and Berger.
The first 3 outsource their production to other companies overseas and Berger does their own manufacturing in house in the U.S.. I dread the day that bullet manf. send their manufacturing overseas to 2nd and 3rd parties..
Right about now, I would love to find some Wolf MT for my .22. Personally, I wouldn't care if they did outsource, if its a choice between shooting or not. Afterall, Lapua/Norma makes some of the best brass around, and many of the powder companies are overseas as well.

They need to develop more flexible means of meeting demand. How they do that is their business, but the lack of ammo/components on the shelf has been absurd.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Silver Member

I don't buy components online. Will not pay shipping on top of jacked up prices. I wait until they are on the shelves locally to keep my local shops in business. Found Bergers locally for all my caliber needs except the hybrid I wanted to try two weeks ago. Enough powder to last from several shops also. However, many of the reloaders I know are like Ilscungilli switching to non-Berger bullets that are on the shelves now. Hope many of the members recall these shortages when time comes to vote for new national representation. I WILL!