Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 PM

Re: Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stecker View Post
Unfortunately, little has changed. We are getting hit with a even greater surge of demand due to all the anti-gun legislation being discussed. This has pushed developing projects down the priority list.

I am personally torn since I want this bullet to see the light of day while at the same time we have a huge increase in the number of people who are asking for the bullets we already make.

We are working a plan to slide these jackets in during a run of the 7mm jackets we need for existing bullets. We are also working a plan to add more jacket making machines. Neither will happen quickly but this situation is something that I am very interested in resolving so at least the testing can get started.

Regards,
Eric
Eric , we understand the political buying. We really want new exciting products too, this one in particular for me. But even more we would rather have you max out what you have now for equipment and still be here 3 years from now. We do not want you having a firesale because you invested to heavily in more equipment and people!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 PM

it will be nice to see these dudes come out.... i had my fathers german mark v rebuilt by dan pedersen of classic barrel.... he made a 28 inch barrel for me with an 8.5 twist and an extended shank for set back. im hoping the weatherby 7mm freebore will match up nice with these long bullets.... im pushing the 180 hybrids at 3050... i have em seated at 3.69 and .120 off the lands.... i might have to get a reamer made for her though depending on how they shoot... the 180's dont mind the distance from the lands, and it tends to decrease the pressure spike a bit. it also leaves more room for powder..... it seams to be pretty efficient.... i dont think reaching 3000 with a bullet with that high a bc will be that critical so i think i will enjoy shooting them a bit slower with a barrel that will last a bit longer.... i will be happy with 29.... i think il get it with the reloader 33...
Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Silver Member

Any news?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member

Anything new on this?

Erik, we have discussed on here on several occasions about wanting yall to look into making a 130gr VLD for us .257 shooters. I have a .257 Wby with a 10" twist, and I think it can handle a little heavier than the 115 VLD's. And I think a 130 VLD would be the perfect whitetail bullet out of th .257 Wby Mag.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Gold Member

I have shot the Wildcat 130g .257 bullets out of my factory .257 Wby and they stabilized just fine. These were made before Wildcat bullets were sold. Both 125's and 130's worked well.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for that response esshup. I was curious to see how they would stabilize, but that answers my question on that.

Now, we just need Berger to do their part in making the long bearing surface 130 VLD. I think it would have some real potential, and with a long bearing surface it would be really help to keep that big heavy SOB to be stable cruising through the atmostphere, and I think the longer bearing surface might help make up for it being picky on the ogive shape with bullet jump...especially for those wanting a little bit heavier bullets for shooting long range @ deer sized game. A little more weight, and a little extra BC never hurt no bullet.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Gold Member

The 130 worked fine on a pronghorn at right around 700 yds. I forget the exact distance, but I used a Swarovski rangefinder. It was a few years ago. MV was a hair over 3100 fps.