Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Silver Member

Re: Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
There must at least two, maybe three types of temperaments among shooters.

1. Those who want without any effort on their own. (Henny Penny's neighbors)
  2. Those who are satisfied with what is available.
  3. Those who find a need and do what it takes for fill the need.
Number 1 will never understand number 3.
Number 2 will never make a difference
Number 3 will always be on the bleeding edge. The bleeding edge is where things are tough, unexpected and unforgiving. It is also where things are happening. It should be understood that what is happening and the resulting end product has never before existed. Therein lies the magic.

There are several versions of the following quote, I've even modified a version for myself.

From Teddy Roosevelt's stash:

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

So, shut up and let the movers and shakers, move and shake.
Wow I think this is quite funny to say the least! I like your quote!

So, shut up and let the movers and shakers, move and shake.:rolleyes

I put lots of money and effort where my mouth is but I can't develop or "move and shake" unless I get what is promised from these manufactures!

I cant develop new load data, get range reports, or establish baselines and norms for new bullets and cartridges till they are delivered, correct? To bring this home what is your new project? mine is a 7 LRM with a new Benchmark tactical muzzle break, Mcmillan A-3 Sporter with edge fill and these new 195 bergers! if that's not on the cutting edge of the sport then what is? Practice what you preach or your words are with little grounds. All my parts are brand new and on the cusp of the sport. If your not in the same boat then lay off.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Silver Member

You say that its common in this industry that small to medium sized businesses are not able to project the correct release date for new products.
And although knowing this, you act on these announcements, which seem to be unreliable by experience and i'd guess because of the compamies' little ressources (compared to the automotive industry for example) to deal with unpredicted problems, even by nature.
So now you want to lay your lack of patience and your uneasiness caused by it, on the manufacturers doorstep, though he has no obligation to you and was just beeing so kind to inform us on an eye to eye level?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Exactly what I was afraid of.

Eric, as stated before you don't need to apologize, at least not to most of us, I
hope your apologies are sufficient to those few that may have been offended...

Some of us (if not most of us) want to be part of that excitement and we appreciate
you sharing it with us. We also understand of the possible complications. Besides,
you don't have a contract with us, you're just being one of us and sharing info. that's
highly appreciated. That includes the frustrations of the project, the pro and cons.

I'm not taking sides, just being me.

Thank you!
Well put Eaglet and exactly what I was afraid of too.

Eric, please keep us informed, most of understand the wait time completely. However if you do decide to not be so public with the upcoming products maybe I could be put on a private e-mail list?

I for one understand and appreciate the honest and upfront approach that Berger has, and the relationship we have right here on a public forum with your company. Not many take the time to keep us in the loop.

Please understand most of us do appreciate that and like that about Berger.

Jeff
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

some of you guys remind me of my two year old!

too many folks get used to being able to click & order any darn thing they want right now, and they don't understand the real world complications of pushing technology. computer modeled prototypes NEVER work right the first time in the real world! anyone who thinks that Berger is letting us down should try to invent new bullets themselves.

this ain't fast food.

i understand if Berger decides to stop letting us know about future projects, but it makes me sad, too. i personally don't mind a little anticipation. i'm happier buying your products knowing that you actually care about making them perform before releasing them!

Rob
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe instead of not discussing the info ahead of time you could just put a disclaimer at the top of each thread for all of those that wish to miss out on all the fun of dreaming, planning, anticipating and getting a head start on future builds that may require new specs needed for the proper performance of the soon-to-be released item.

Ya know, something like what the FDA requires on food/drug items not tested by them. This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Maybe something like- This thread is not meant to promise, give hope, or unnecessarily hack off any person thinking that our attempt to provide customer service beyond the norm is in some way a verbal contract for time of release or exact product specifications.

Sarcastically submitted,Scot E.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:49 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot E View Post
This thread is not meant to promise, give hope, or unnecessarily hack off any person thinking that our attempt to provide customer service beyond the norm is in some way a verbal contract for time of release or exact product specifications.
I don't intend to further irritate anyone who is concerned about delivery times because I understand and appreciate the concern. I just had to say that the above "disclaimer" cracked me up. That's funny right there. I'll run it by legal.

I expect that future project will become known to the grapevine somehow since I seem unable to contain myself when it comes to such things. Pushing the envelope is something I can't stop doing. It's just how I'm wired.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stecker View Post
I don't intend to further irritate anyone who is concerned about delivery times because I understand and appreciate the concern. I just had to say that the above "disclaimer" cracked me up. That's funny right there. I'll run it by legal.

I expect that future project will become known to the grapevine somehow since I seem unable to contain myself when it comes to such things. Pushing the envelope is something I can't stop doing. It's just how I'm wired.

Regards,
Eric
Well, I like the way you are wired!

Scot E.