Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Berger Bullets Tech Data List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Re: Berger Bullets Tech Data List

Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

Hurry!!!! LOL

Bill
Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Silver Member

cheers mate
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl135 View Post
Bart,

The short answer is that we fire the bullets and measure their time of flight in 200 yard increments out to (typically) 600 yards. G1 and G7 BC's are derived from the muzzle velocity and time of flight data, corrected to ICAO standard sea level conditions.

You can read more (The long answer) on these two articles on our web log:
Berger Bulletin Blog Archive Why Our BC Numbers have been Lowered (Corrected)
and
Berger Bulletin Blog Archive A Better Ballistic Coefficient

Take care,
-Bryan
It now seems clear that this is not exactly true. While 35 or 36 bullets in the Berger catalog had their BCs determined in the manner described, why is there no mention of the 30 or 31 bullets (as of the post in 2009) that had their BCs revised based on predictions of a theoretical model because they had not actually been measured?

Why is Berger working so hard to avoid directly answering the question about precisely which advertised BCs are based on model predictions and which are actually measured by test firing?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Courtney View Post
It now seems clear that this is not exactly true. While 35 or 36 bullets in the Berger catalog had their BCs determined in the manner described, why is there no mention of the 30 or 31 bullets (as of the post in 2009) that had their BCs revised based on predictions of a theoretical model because they had not actually been measured?

Why is Berger working so hard to avoid directly answering the question about precisely which advertised BCs are based on model predictions and which are actually measured by test firing?
Why don't you go back over to accurate shooter and try to rally your troops for your smear campaign. NOBODY CARES what you have to say about some flat based bullet bcs it seems your a little jealous of Bryan and maybe a little bitter that Berger didn't ask you to be on there team. Their is no doubt that you are educated but character goes a long way and yours stinks. Your demeanor and character is well suited for your government job

an armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians

know guns,know peace,know safety.no guns,no peace,no safety...

The second amendment is in place incase the politicians ignore the others

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

For those who trade liberty for security have neither Benjamin Franklin...
Old 08-31-2014, 07:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohring3006 View Post
Why don't you go back over to accurate shooter and try to rally your troops for your smear campaign.

Their is no doubt that you are educated but character goes a long way and yours stinks. Your demeanor and character is well suited for your government job
Asking for truth in product specs is not a smear campaign. It is not a character flaw.

When vendors and government contractors persist in publishing flawed product specs year after year, sometimes a persistent demeanor is necessary to clarify the issues.

Would you rather scientists who close their eyes and/or stay silent when aspiring government vendors and contractors exaggerate their product specs?

Should not public servants let the public know when companies are not completely forthcoming in their marketing materials?

If I knew a ballistic vest company was fudging their bullet proof vest specs, would you want me to be quiet about that too?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Courtney View Post
Asking for truth in product specs is not a smear campaign. It is not a character flaw.

When vendors and government contractors persist in publishing flawed product specs year after year, sometimes a persistent demeanor is necessary to clarify the issues.

Would you rather scientists who close their eyes and/or stay silent when aspiring government vendors and contractors exaggerate their product specs?

Should not public servants let the public know when companies are not completely forthcoming in their marketing materials?

If I knew a ballistic vest company was fudging their bullet proof vest specs, would you want me to be quiet about that too?
I don't care

an armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians

know guns,know peace,know safety.no guns,no peace,no safety...

The second amendment is in place incase the politicians ignore the others

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

For those who trade liberty for security have neither Benjamin Franklin...
Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Silver Member

Well....I do care..I like the American way of voicing our opinions and hearing other peoples thought and looking at there reasoning. This does not mean I agree with everyone all the time. I am my own man and I think for myself. But I have learned a lot from others over the years, case in example my college profs. I did not agree with them but I thought it was foolish to fight with them. Difference of opinion is healthy for those that are open minded and willing to learn. Degrading and trying to fight is counter productive.

This is my thought on this. some will respectively disagree which proves my point.

Some will agree which proves my point.

Some might be disruptive communist children.