Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Berger Bullets Tech Data List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 03:51 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Berger Bullets Tech Data List

Darrin,

I will send the latest sheet to Len so he can switch it out with the current sheet. It does list the data for the all the new bullets.

We are preparring a test for the Hybrid design as a hunting bullet. I can't say exactly when this question will be resolved but we are working on it now.

I estimate that we will know whether or not the Hybrid shape can be used as a hunting bullet by the end of this year.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Bronze Member

Any .338 caliber bullets in the future?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

By hybrid, does that include the 338 gen2? That I have been hunting with
Old 11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
SPONSOR

If you are asking if the 338 caliber details are on the sheet, yes they are. If you are asking if we are testing the 338 cal specifically, no were are not.

We will be testing the hybrid design against the VLD design in one of our most popular Hunting bullets. Our goal is to clearly understand how they differ compared to a bullet with a well known level of performance.

If the Hybrid design acts in a similar way we will expand the test to include other bullets and calibers.

For the moment, we have no plans to test the 338 cal 300 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical for terminal performance. We know that several shooters have used and are using this bullet for hunting. The reports are all positive.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 11-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks, That is what I was asking. Have taken 3 animals w/ said bullet so far, one a 6x6
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM

A few questions.

1. the spreadsheet I download does not have the 338 info on it, at least not that I can find. Is there an updated one that shows the 338 and does it include the V2 hybrid?

2. Anyone using the
Berger 338 Caliber 300 Grain Tactical Hybrid OTM Bullets????

If so, for hunting? and how are they holding up?

Bill
Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
SPONSOR

Bill,

I'll ask Michelle to get the latest version to Len. Until this is posted you can go to our website to get the latest reference sheet.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Quick%2...%205-15-12.pdf

Regarding using the 338 cal bullets for hunting, we have two new bullets that are in development now. The first is our optimized 300 gr Hybrid Hunting bullet which has the same external dimensions as our 300 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical. The difference is in the jacket thickness which will allow the Hunting version to expand and fragment more effectively than the Tactical version.

The other 338 cal 300 grain bullet that is being developed is a SAAMI compliant Hybrid Hunting bullet meant to be used in factory guns/chambers. This design was tested recently on a hunt in New Zealnd where 71 animals were taken. It works extremely well. This design does not have a BC as high as the other Hybrid Hunting bullet but you won't have to worry about feeding through a magazine and other seating depth related concerns of a longer nosed bullet. This bullet is specifically design for factory rifles.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets