Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

View Poll Results: I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:
50 per pack 161 12.12%
100 per pack 1,167 87.88%
Voters: 1328. You may not vote on this poll

Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I'd pay more per bullet for a small box of 25 (w/in reason of course) for load development purposes. Once the load is selected then boxes of 500 would be in order.

Thanks for you efforts!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Gold Member

100 ct boxes over 50's that's an easy one, I too would like 500 ct boxes for Hunting VLDs

My wish list:

168g 30 cal
190g 30 cal

168g 7mm
180g 7mm

130g 6.5mm

105g 6mm
Old 08-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stecker View Post
Adding a 500 count pack to our line is not difficult on our end but it can complicate things for our resellers. To add this quantity pack as smoothly as possible it wll be helpful to know which specific bullets will be most popular in 500 packs.

To sum up: Please post which specific Berger Hunting bullets you'd like to see in 500 count packs.

Regards,
Eric
I'll suggest for consideration a couple of points.

- Offer the 500 count only through ordering direct from Berger - no reseller problems now - the economic consideration can never be left out. Pass on the tiny amount of savings of one box versus 5 boxes to the buyer or charge a slight bit more for lesser quantities if someone only wants 50 if you decide to offer that option.

- I'd be plumb happy if you supplied 500 ct. in bulk and forget the nice box - give me a heavy plastic bag or equivalent and I'm good to go - besides I've got enough nice yellow empty boxes under the bench that would finally have some good use for.

- .284 168VLD HUnting - 3 different rifles, I have 2 sons.

- I use 2 other bullets of yours but they do not merit a 500 ct. purchase
Old 08-30-2011, 10:19 AM
SPONSOR

On the subject of bullets being available in smaller packs I can share that a new offering will be available in the coming few months. It is called Bullet Proof. What Bullet Proof is doing is offering Barnes, Nosler and Berger bullets in packs of 12 each.

They will initially be offered through Sinclair and other locations. If this is something that shooters embrace then they will continue to expand to other retail locations across the country. At a gun store, Bullet Proof will be displayed as a large spread of 50 of the most popular bullets from each brand. It is my understanding that as things go well, the number of bullet size, style and types will continue to increase.

Bullet Proof is also promoting segments on TV to educate shooters on the idea of tuning their rifle by switching bullets. We know that this is the fastest way to tune a rifle. You can always tune a particular bullet to shoot as well as it can. However, this takes time. Trying different bullets until you find one that shoots well with your current load saves a lot of time, effort and money (and it works). Once you know which bullet your gun likes then you can get them in larger quantities with the knowledge that they will work in your rifle.

We are excited to be part of this new offering and look forward to helping shooters see for themselves how switching bullets works in getting the best performance out of their rifle. Even if this means someone finds that another brand outshoots ours in a given rifle, they will have the best experience and will enjoy shooting. There are so many rifles in the world; I know that there are enough rifles that will pick Berger to keep us open.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Silver Member

How about a 168 grain hybrid in 7mm. I don't care how it's packaged.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
SPONSOR

I get in trouble for saying more than I should on the forums but here it goes. We are in the process of testing the Hybrid design as a hunting bullet. Results are positive but we have just started. We will know in the next few months if the Hybrid design will work for hunting or not. If it does we will introduce these bullets in 2012.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Silver Member

I know that this is a little off topic, but not really. What I would love to see most from Berger at the present time is a reloading manual. I know that it would have to free up some time on your side not having to always run Loads down for people then e-mail them out. A lot of my questions on bullets and loads for various calibers could be answered without having to drag you down at the plant/office.