Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

View Poll Results: I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:
50 per pack 161 12.11%
100 per pack 1,169 87.89%
Voters: 1330. You may not vote on this poll

Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I second the proposal to sell in quantities larger than 100. Most match bullets are getting sold by the 500 from Hornady and Sierra, for those who want them.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

I prefer the 100 packs. However, sometimes I need the bullets but can't afford to drop $55 on a box of bullets. So, I think a 50-pack option would be a nice alternative for those of us who have a high income-to-debt ratio.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
I second the proposal to sell in quantities larger than 100. Most match bullets are getting sold by the 500 from Hornady and Sierra, for those who want them.
Nosler Custom Competition bullets are offered in a 250 count box option.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Silver Member

Ok, this is an old thread but still...
I love the fact that they come in 100 round packs, that way i get 5x20 boxes of rounds, and i have a larger batch of bullets from the same lot.
I just so happened to run across a 500ct case of 7mm 168 hunting VLDs in Scheels in Billings last week, i wish i had the sheckles to buy them, but that really would be the way to purchase bullets! Most of us pick a load and stick with it, from the results i have had with them in my 7mag i am far past the point of changing horses in midstream, so it would make sense to just invest in the bullets ince and not worry about it. Keep up the good work fellers!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

I am still waiting on a .257 VLD or Hybrid in a 130gr variation for my highspeed 1/4-bores...For whitetail hunting. I bet it would open up the market for alot of deer hunters wanting smaller caliber bullets that are nice and heavy enough to really pack some punch on a deer.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I am still waiting on a .257 VLD or Hybrid in a 130gr variation for my highspeed 1/4-bores...For whitetail hunting. I bet it would open up the market for alot of deer hunters wanting smaller caliber bullets that are nice and heavy enough to really pack some punch on a deer.
I've had .20 cal 55gr Bergers on backorder for months. I don't think they worry about .20 and .25 cal bullets very much
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

I've designed a new .22 caliber wildcat, and all I need now is a reamer made, dies, and 90gr Berger VLD .224 caliber bullets. I've got the rest.

I can't give out any details till I send my design to have my reamer made to make myself the proprieter of that cartridge. Then I will divulge more details and post everything up. But I'm waiting on one of my trucks to sell first so I can quit stressing funds.

Quote: