Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

View Poll Results: I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:
50 per pack 161 12.12%
100 per pack 1,167 87.88%
Voters: 1328. You may not vote on this poll

Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

What do competition shooters do? I usually shoot 700-1000/ yr in f class. Do y'all have a 1k batch or is there any way to order large #'s and be guaranteed the same lot?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbic View Post
Do y'all have a 1k batch or is there any way to order large #'s and be guaranteed the same lot?
The only way we can "guarantee" that you get the same lot is if you order directly from us. When we put together a reseller's order our shipping department is under instruction to send all from one lot even if they have to go to the next numbered lot (up to a certain amount).

We work hard not to ship mixed lots because we know how important this is to shooters. We never ship a mixed lot to an individual shooter and rarely will ship more than one lot to a reseller. Some resellers order so many that we can't satisfy the order without using more than one lot.

Once the bullets arrive at the resellers location I can't speak for how they control their inventory to address lots. It's been my experience that this is a sore spot for some resellers.

The competition shooters typically order larger quantities at one time from the resellers. Even though the bullets come in 100 count boxes all of our boxes have the lot number on the same side as the descriptive information so it is quick and easy to see. We do this so the resellers can satisfy this request easily if they are set up to do so.

For clarification purposes, we do have several Target bullets that we pack in 500 and 1,000 count. After all the feedback from this thread we will be putting the more popular Hunting bullets in these larger quantities as well.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets

Last edited by Eric Stecker; 09-16-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM

The smallest should be 100. I'd prefer an option of 500 count boxes, also.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Bronze Member

100 minimum, Eric. Wouldn't mind 500 pack (discount of course! lol). I practice a LOT w/ the bullets I hunt with before an actual hunt. I also shoot competition and would like to see 500 count as well. Thanks for making such a wonderful product.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
I tend to lean pretty much opposite of the above opinions. I wish Berger would offer an option of 500 per box. I've seen enough variance in different lot numbers that I don't care if they sit on my shelf for a while as long as I don't have to reinvent the wheel ever time I go to buy bullets.

If that isn't practical I will always buy boxes of 100.

amen to the 500 box.

can we get them in 1000?? please please please
Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Gold Member

While I don't post as often as I used to, I do pop in and take a look once in a while.

That said, like most of what I read I prefer bullets in packs of 100, as it give me a chance to work up load and have some left over to try out on critters.

I once was a stanch supporter of Nosler, and while they DO still make a good bullet, once they merged with Federal and cut their count back to 50, their reasoning was that it put more on the shelves for more people. This was total hogwash as every dealer in my area was back ordered even with the 50 count boxes.

While I don't have many calibers that will actually benifit form your product, the couple I DO shoot them in I like to have one nice full box of 100 sitting there at the ready over several boxes of 50, which like also mentioned mihgt be from separate lots.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 09-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Bronze Member

500 round pack would be nice.

jm2