Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

berger 168 vld hunting bullets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Banned

re: berger 168 vld hunting bullets.

Berger bashing thing ??? .. really

How bout berger bashing customer with edited word like " it goes in 3 inches and expanse ?

Nowhere does berger say aim for bone dude. For that might as well aim for legs or head..

If there were no snow this buck would of rotten. These bullets are the last box I buy. There like Full metal jacket. I need a bullet that expand and works like soft point but with bc like berger. This is a fairy tale

Last edited by Len Backus; 11-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2live View Post
Berger bashing thing ??? .. really

How bout berger bashing customer with bullshit like " it goes in 3 inches and expanse ?

Nowhere does berger say aim for bone dude. For that might as well aim for legs or head..

If there were no snow this buck would of rotten. These bullets are the last box I buy. There like Full metal jacket. I need a bullet that expand and works like soft point but with bc like berger. This is a fairy tale
I didn't take your thread as bashing for what it is worth, except for the title and even then I read it as you being disappointed. However, I respectfully disagree based only on my experience with Berger bullets. I'm not bullet loyal. I like trying a bunch. Ultimately, your dream bullet doesn't exist though. I'm not aware of any hunting bullet that performs on par with hunting bullets that has a BC at or near that of the Berger VLD.

I have killed 6 deer this season so far. 2 with 130 ABs from my 6.5-284, 2 with the 130 E-tip from my 270, and 2 with my 7mag and 168 Berger VLDs. All of the deer did the same thing, dropped right around where they were hit and bled out. Did you watch my video of my 168 VLD kill?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Gold Member

Never had a problem with mine. Shooting a 22-243 with 90 gr. Target vld. Turned lungs and heart to jello.
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 22-284 Norma
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Banned

Yeah I did watch in complete disbelief. That buck I shot didnt flinch 1 inch when he was hit. I see people shooting game on youtube everyday with these berger and I use them and it sucks.

Question were did you hit those deer ? Lungs or shoulder blade
Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Gold Member

I figure he's got a right to complain. I complain when my coffee filters bend over the coffee and I get a pot of weak Joe. I still use them though because almost all the rest of the time they work fine.

I don't hear a lot of bad things about Bergers but it sounds like this bullet on this day didn't work so good. 200 yards isn't close range. In fact it's well beyond where most deer are shot. If it was me, I might stay with these bullets a little longer. I'd also make absolutely sure they were Berger's "Hunting Bullets" and not their Target Bullet (both of which are VLD's). I believe the Target Bullets have a thicker jacket which may limit expansion and explain such performance on game.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
I figure he's got a right to complain. I complain when my coffee filters bend over the coffee and I get a pot of weak Joe. I still use them though because almost all the rest of the time they work fine.

I don't hear a lot of bad things about Bergers but it sounds like this bullet on this day didn't work so good. 200 yards isn't close range. In fact it's well beyond where most deer are shot. If it was me, I might stay with these bullets a little longer. I'd also make absolutely sure they were Berger's "Hunting Bullets" and not their Target Bullet (both of which are VLD's). I believe the Target Bullets have a thicker jacket which may limit expansion and explain such performance on game.
Walking towards basement to find out what the hell I used, I know there were vld hunting
Old 11-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold Member

someone told me to make sure the opening in the tip was clean with no lead in it and or the copper not folded in on them