Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Bell & Carlson VS. McMillian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Bell & Carlson VS. McMillian

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS....
EITHER ONE IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL VSSF STOCK.
NOW THE MONEY FACTOR $$$$$????
blipelt WHAT A RIG!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

J.K.

Is there a reason why you want a new stock? Is that one an H.S. precision? The best stock in my opinion is the one that fits you the best.

I am faced with a similar dilema. I am deciding if I want to change a Weatherby SUB MOA vanguard syn. stock with a new one. The stock is pillared but not bedded. I have decided to free float the barrel(vanguards are pressure bedded) put a better trigger in and bed the stock and see how it shoots.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

Last edited by blipelt; 01-10-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Bronze Member

That HS stock would be better than a BC, that's for sure.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

M. peanut; please explain to me why?

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

Last edited by blipelt; 01-10-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumpeanut View Post
That HS stock would be better than a BC, that's for sure.
Care to elaborate ?

I disagree. I have 2 HS stocks, 2 B&C stocks and one McM A5.

The HS Police stock I have is a bulbous shortgripped abomination. The aluminum bedding block was also a hair out of alignment with the stock as well. Some filing of the bedding block and a good bedding job was required to fix it. Either way, it is the most uncomfortable stock I have ever tried - no thanks and I replaced it with the A5. My second HS is the Varminter Sendero which for some reason I cannot get comfortable behind it. Also, the recoil pads on these HS stocks are glued (?) and they very hard. Further, the stocks around bipod stud on both HS stock have chipped as the studs have bent over time - bad design !

I shoot the B&C vertical grip with AL bedding block and I love it. It is hands down a nicer stock than the HS Police stock, and I mean a better in terms of proportion, fit, finish and ergonomics. The B&C medalist Mountain rifle stock with AL pillars on my sheep rifle is also a very nice stock at 22 ounces - near perfect for me even though it has a 1/2 too short LOP (on purpose) than I usually like. No complaints with either and and I would take a B&C over and HS stock every time regardless of cost (nevermind that the B&C's are cheaper)

The McM A5 is very nice. No complaints from me.