Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Bell and Carlson Medalist UltraLite stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Bell and Carlson Medalist UltraLite stock?

I am in the process of building a Custom 280 on a Winchester action, and a #4 Brux barrel. Originally, I was going with a laminated, well made stock, but have thought about opting for a synthetic due to weight savings.
I have looked at the BC Medalist Ultralite, with aluminum, full length block. I am told this is the same stock that Winchester uses on there Extreme rifle. Does anyone have any experience with it?
It seems to be well designed, and weighs less then 2 pounds! Any thoughts?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bell and Carlson Medalist UltraLite stock?

Just put one on a 264 but have not shot it yet. It went 29 oz. and fit was fine.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Silver Member

I have 3 of them if I was going to purchase another stock it would be another one of theirs.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Roper View Post
I have 3 of them if I was going to purchase another stock it would be another one of theirs.
How liberal is the barrel channel? I couldnt get any " good info" from Stockys as the the exact dimensions. My barrel is a # 4 contour, Brux, which is a little bigger then a standard Mag contour. How is the fit in the chamber area? I guess if I have to open it up somewhat, then so be it! My gunsmith says he can open it with his end mill, then I'll have to refinish it. I am going to get the sand colored one. So far, I have heard good things. I was going to use a laminated stock made by S&K, which is a awesome stock, and excellently crafted, I'm just thinking of the weight at this point. I found a CNC machined bottom metal for about $100.00. ( very nice ).
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
How liberal is the barrel channel? I couldnt get any " good info" from Stockys as the the exact dimensions. My barrel is a # 4 contour, Brux, which is a little bigger then a standard Mag contour. How is the fit in the chamber area? I guess if I have to open it up somewhat, then so be it! My gunsmith says he can open it with his end mill, then I'll have to refinish it. I am going to get the sand colored one. So far, I have heard good things. I was going to use a laminated stock made by S&K, which is a awesome stock, and excellently crafted, I'm just thinking of the weight at this point. I found a CNC machined bottom metal for about $100.00. ( very nice ).
The barrel channel can definitely be opened to accept a #4. I highly doubt it would drop right in.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Silver Member

They make them to drop in a #4 contour. Contact www.redhawkrifles.com they have a lot better selection in stock ready to ship. Their customer service is a lot better than Stockys also.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

Redhawkrifles, Awesome, incredible value too.