Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Barrett trigger upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2005, 05:22 PM

Barrett trigger upgrade

I am trying to upgrade or just improve the trigger pull and break on my Barrett M99 and would appreciate some help, links or advice.
Unlike my Remington with its Jewel trigger that breaks like a glass rod, the Barrett creeps (seemingly forever) before it falls over and send the round down range. Idealy, what I am looking for is to have the three rifles I shoot for the sheriff's department that I work for, be as close as reasonably possible. The Barrett is the most "different" from the Colt AR or the Remington 700 TWS. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 PM

Re: Barrett trigger upgrade

RE; Barrett trigger upgrade. I recently heard from Norm Chandler, JR., of Ironbrigade Armory on this question. It was his opinion that the trigger is set and cannot really be changed. As he is regarded as one of the country's authorities on accurate rifles and shooting, I will accept this as fact, and change the way I shoot to acomodate the "different" trigger pull. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Barrett trigger upgrade

In other words, just crank up the creep and trigger pull weight on the AR and Remy to equal the Barret. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Ronnie