Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Barrel question UPDATE Spoke with Remington

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

Barrel question UPDATE Spoke with Remington

In my last post I talked about sending my XCR 270wsm back to Remington because of the short cut chamber. I received a call from the authorized gunsmith and he said Remington does not make the 270WSM anymore and they would not fix or replace the barrel. They offered to send me a 300wsm in the XCR II model or send me back the purchase cost. What are your guys thoughts? I have a 300 RUM so I don't want a 300WSM. I'm going to call Remington direct so I don't have a middle man, but I can't do it today. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Barrel question UPDATE Spoke with Remington

Savage still makes em
Shoot all you like & replace barrels yourself from now on
Transfer your Rem action to a dealer in exchange for a Harris bipod (good deal)
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Silver Member

Ok, don't go straight to customer service at Remington if you have a warranty issue absolutely no help. That guy hung up on me. I then got in touch with the gunsmith's actual contact at Remington that makes the decisions (Jennings) he was great!! Easy to deal with and wanted to keep me happy. To make a long story short they are going to send me a new 270WSM in the 700 CDL SF. I think that is fair.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Silver Member

My last Remington was a cdl sf in 7mm-08. It was great until I noticed the tiny bubbles in the finish.....and the out of alaignment front scope mount holes......and the feed ramp that looked like the stairs....and the tiny bubbles got to be bigger bubbles that burst within 3 months and started to peel. Remington offered to fix it if I let them have it for 8 to 10 weeks. I chucked the stock , polished the ramp and just deal with the scope mount. I fixed my Remington problem by not buying any more remingtons. I got a savage after that and couldn't be more happy with it. Good luck , hope your second remington is better. Are they going to pay you for all the time you spent fixing this problem and how much use time have you lost. Remington is a cash cow for a capital management fund and they have managed quality out the window.