Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

barrel cleaning using wipe out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Gold Member

Re: barrel cleaning using wipe out

Quote:
Originally Posted by el si View Post
From reading your post, sounds like your are expecting lots of blue for one round fired.
By the time I got to my 10 shot of the break-in, it copper fouled significantly less but it did copper foul.

Reading their site, it is supposed to sit 1 hour. Try letting it set 1 hour instead of 6 then see. According to the site, it will turn blue.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 10-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

OK sounds great I just got back from my friends place. I fired two rounds through it Gona try the wipe out again.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Silver Member

I called terry at sharp shoot r and talked to him about his product. He told me how he uses it and it worked great got some blue copper out after I tried his way. He was a real nice man and a pleasure to talk to about shooting and his product. Iam very happy with how it works now.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyatnop View Post
I called terry at sharp shoot r and talked to him about his product. He told me how he uses it and it worked great got some blue copper out after I tried his way. He was a real nice man and a pleasure to talk to about shooting and his product. Iam very happy with how it works now.
So if you don't mind me asking....what was his way?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95huskers View Post
So if you don't mind me asking....what was his way?
wipe-out

That is what I was going off of.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 10-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Silver Member

His way is explained on his internet page. Its a lot of reading but if I read it a couple of times it pretty easy.