Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Barrel break in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Barrel break in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart B View Post
It's possible, but how does one compensate for the inaccuracies of virtually all scope adjustment values per click? All internally adjusted scopes of a given make and model do not have exactly the same amount of impact change per click. To say nothing about the atmospheric conditions between the rifle and target that'll change the bullet's drop and there's no way you can measure them when the bullet's fired.
Well some of us do check for calibration by measuring what the scope actually moves the impact and adjust the ballistic program to it. I will trust my actual drops to a 100$ chorny any day.

But what ever you say Yoda....

Jeff

Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

Lets assume that I am not a complete novice Bart and that I know about chambers,powder,primers and a thing or two about killing big bulls a long ways away. This is not my first custom rifle or barrel just my first 5r Bartlein. Broz I didnt meen to drag you into a piss match thankyou for your consrtuctive advice.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member

If one measures scope adjustments without firing a shot, then all the variables in optics, humans and ammo are eliminated. Some know how to do this. Others don't.

Last edited by Bart B; 05-13-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Well some of us do check for calibration by measuring what the scope actually moves the impact and adjust the ballistic program to it. I will trust my actual drops to a 100$ chorny any day.

But what ever you say Yoda....

Jeff

That is why you fail - YouTube
Got to say ,,,,Sometimes you are really funny.....Love this line,,, I have used it many times my self..
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountryguide View Post
Broz I didnt meen to drag you into a piss match thankyou for your consrtuctive advice.
No problem here my friend. I will just let Mr.B argue with himself. If we wish to hear more of it one could always just read his past posts as the majority of them are simply degrading comments or argumental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
Got to say ,,,,Sometimes you are really funny.....Love this line,,, I have used it many times my self..
A little humor is good medicine once in a while.

Jeff
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
No problem here my friend. I will just let Mr.B argue with himself. If we wish to hear more of it one could always just read his past posts as the majority of them are simply degrading comments or argumental.

Jeff
Ahhhhhcome on! Bart is just being Bart Aroyalpain
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

Jeff
We need a lot more of it..( HUMOR ).have a great day ..
Pete