Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Barnes LRX TTSX, which one??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: Barnes LRX TTSX, which one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500yd View Post
Why didn't you watch the video?
Cuz he's smart enuf not to waste his time watching stupid internet stunts. Jackass cured me of watching stupid web shorts.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
So now I think like a Neanderthal?

I will start this rant by saying that what I like about this forum is there are a lot of very great people sharing their knowledge with others.

But every once in a while an individual gets on here and tries to drive their stupid ideas down everyone’s throat! This really pisses me off! Mostly because this individual reads some adventure 75% of which is BS even out of the most honest hunter! And with zero knowledge about what they are talking about, they try to keep alive an argument with a bunch of folks that already know what they are doing!

I am sure that this style of name calling has taken you a long ways in this wicked world, but I would not make a habit of name calling on this forum, it will lead to lack of participation when you do have a valid question. I have also noticed that generally name calling is a great way to get your teeth pushed in. No threat intended I am just offering my opinion.

I am not going to argue the facts you bring to this forum because I do not agree with them. Mostly because I have proved them wrong on my own time, already! I will add that the little girl who shot the cow elk at 100 yards is an awesome story and I wish her many more lucky hunts. 300 yards with a 130gr. bullet is surely not long range hunting I say congrats.

This thread was about LRX vs TTSX. Now I am sure that "500yd" has put hundreds of these bullets down range (I just cannot find the 110gr LRX) and has killed hundreds of elk so I do not mean to offend him.

That being said, I will invite anybody who knows everything about shooting to come join me any day on a wolf hunt. I would love to know everything someday. I have a perfect world renowned elk hunting location on private land, that now can barely sustain a semi sucsessful general season hunt. I will put you on a bronc and we will leave the truck at sun up and return at dark. At lunch I will find a 12 inch rock at 700 yards and if you can hit it with one shot. I will not make you walk home. Now we all know that a rock does not need retained energy, but I would say that 80-90% of the people on this forum
(me included) would miss this rock in the wind we have. Offer extended!

I added my experience with the two bullets of topic and will not revisit this thread.
Dude Im in. I jus read on the barnes website about it and my 338 with a 165 gr sumthin or other leaving my edge at 3800 will only drop 3" at 700. Ive got this dicked! Oh the koolaid wore off Im goin with a 300smk.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddc View Post
Cuz he's smart enuf not to waste his time watching stupid internet stunts. Jackass cured me of watching stupid web shorts.
Hold your tongue! The guy coaching that gal is one of the most respected long range shooters in the industry period. He would teach you more in a hour about long range shooting than you could learn on here in a year. That was no stunt, that was years and years of experience being passed on to the next generation.

You talk about being ignorant.....Go look in the mirror my friend.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsolocam View Post
Teen girls shooting elk at 700 yards with a .243.........Ya that sounds like a great idea.

After thinking about it, I am re phrasing my post. Probably not a good idea for 95% of hunters to shoot elk at 700 yards with a 243. Chances are good to start a rodeo.

I love long range hunting and target shooting. But I hear too many stories and know of many instances of people who try this without the proper equipment or practice. Its a free world though, and people can keep wounding game if they so choose.

As far as big Barnes vs little Barnes, on elk sized game I choose the SD and mass of the big Barnes.....
Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako7STW View Post
Hold your tongue! The guy coaching that gal is one of the most respected long range shooters in the industry period. He would teach you more in a hour about long range shooting than you could learn on here in a year. That was no stunt, that was years and years of experience being passed on to the next generation.

Uhhh I think we had the was this video stupid conversation in another thread. Trust me john poops outa the same whole you do. And no john probly wouldnt teach me a whole lot. Been there done that. I personally never agreed with a lot of the silliness he allowed on botw. He was using a marginal combo PERIOD. I dont give a fl@*#$(@ at a rolling donut who took or coached that shot if that animal had moved 1 ft in the .6 seconds that bullet was in air you had a disaster. with an edge a smaller disaster. Dont be a fanboy, even smart people do silly ****.
And please would everyone quit acting impressed by the whole deal. WOW someone was able to hit a 12" target at 700 yds. Holy smokes call GUINESS. It was a chip shot with an inadequate gun and we all go oohahh cuz it was a >>>>girl. BFD
Old 12-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

And please quit idolizing people. Every TV star Ive met in the outdoor industry has been a pretty sorry excuse for an outdoorsman. Not sayin they all are but anyone whos been an outfitter will agree on this with me. LR isnt rockeet science. Talking up his ability makes me wonder about yours. I watch this guy on TV and Im not impressed.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

And while we are at it. Please dont suggest to me that I should follow the lead of someone with the following traits.
#1 Gives up the ability to target an 18" circle to target an 8" circle on an animal that will suffer if there is a near miss. Thats the difference between a boiler room and high spine shot. How many animals are wounded with that hold? Miss the center of the boilerroom by 4"=dead. High spine=wounded. What if the animal moves? Trick shooting is for targets. I got paid per dead animal on control and I didnt mess around with the look good on TV kills but went for a sure deal. The proliferation of that shot on TV is a JOKE and a disservice to hunters who do it right.
#2 Does this to produce GOOD TV.

Thats really not what I want to learn I dont care if my teacher is a movie star.