Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Balllistics Program Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 10:22 AM

Re: Balllistics Program Question

Blaine

Once again, you started this, you want to give up the actual sight height, so I can finish the formula and go look for rocks to put under my bipods, it is a range day today. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 10:39 AM

DC

Perhaps with you having a little pull with the big guy (LEN) you could convince him to change the name of this forum from:

" LONG RANGE HUNTING.COM "

TO:

" THREE SHOT BENCHRESTING WHERE AN ANIMAL GETS IN THE WAY ON THE THIRD SHOT.COM "
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And I will retire after writing a best seller, "Shooting In the Dark With the Sun IN Your EYES" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Bronze Member

S1,

To finish up, on my rifle I have a 2" distance between the centerlines of the bore and scope.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: Cam ]
Old 01-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

S1

Thanks for the idea, I'll present it.

Maybe 1 or 2 shots before the animal gets in the way of the bullet would do nice to retitle the forum.
Or, how about this for a title?
"Longrangeing the safe and VERY successful way with a spotter round fired first" ?

Wouldn't want to keep all shooters in the "Dark" that shoot LR and Ultra LR on this forum.

Later
DC
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 01-08-2003, 03:18 PM

Blaine, I solved your mystery a few weeks ago and have been discussing it with "Brent from Alaska" and "Wyowhisper".....

The idiots at horus messed up the program.

TMOA is actually SMOA for Elevation and
SMOA is TMOA for elevation.
Windage is fine.....TMOA = TMOA

Check it out manually....you'll see.

Another bug they had, (they claim they have fixed in the past few months) is when you use the clicks read out it is full MOA increments. So if you set 4 clicks per MOA the results will always be 4,8,12,16,etc.

By the way....if you use clicks it will calculate using TMOA....which is wrong..

Use SMOA for elevation and TMOA for windage.

Try is manually compared to your PC ballistics program drops and you'll see.

Good Luck
Old 01-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

unregard

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: MAX ]