Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Ballistics Programs (Web based & Downloadable)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Ballistics Programs (Web based & Downloadable)

Does this professor(or whatever) actually shoot?
What Peja program?

I wonder if anyone has tested various software solutions in the field(other than whatever they happen to be using).

Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ballistics Programs (Web based & Downloadable)

Nevermind. I'm awake now.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Silver Member

deleted

Deleted

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...".

Romans 8:28

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/huntinfool/

Last edited by Huntinfool; 08-09-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Dave King,

Is there a way to modify "The Thing" so that it only has the 'Cartridge Info' tab and retains the necessary calculations for drops and windage? I use an old Visor Edge PDA that runs "The Thing" throgh Documents to Go (I know, I should modernize, but I'm too cheap...) and If I change a ballistic or environmental input number, it takes about 7 mins. and alot of battery power for it to do the calculations. If I could find a way to pare down that program to the 'bare esstentials', if that's possible, I'm hoping my calculation time and battery usage would go way down. Thanks, jmden.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

Arrrhhgg...shoulda messed around a bit before asking. Sorry to be a bother. It looks like I can delete all the tabs but the 'Cartridge Info', 'Ballistics Table' and 'Calculations' and still have the program work. When I get home tomorrow, I'll see if the modified version runs any faster on my ancient PDA. Thanks.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member

Well, I can delete all tabs in "The Thing" except 'Cartridge Info', 'Ballistics Table' and 'Calculations', and it still runs on my computer but it won't allow me to input data on the Visor Edge PDA. Any ideas?

Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Silver Member

this is very very interesting. These are some great posts on this forum. I have been a long distance shooter for about 5 years now and have been using the exbal program for all of my ballistic charts. I started using this because it was mentioned to me that this was the most accurate and only reliable one out there. I didn't even bother to look around since I bought the program and all of it's updates till now and it has been right on in it's calculations when I would go and test it in the field under all different conditions. I found this forum and this is the first post I have looked at. I plugged all of the info into the JBM link and also the Tthing like and the results were almost exactly the same as my expensive Exbal program. That is awsome and thanks for making them available to me. I look forward to other very informative and interesting posts on this forum.