Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

ballistic coefficient questions . 6.5 mm bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Gold Member

Re: ballistic coefficient questions . 6.5 mm bullets

It seems the German's and Sweede's had the moderate velocity 6.5 twist rate figured out a long time ago. 1 in 7.7 .
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Gold Member

Re: ballistic coefficient questions . 6.5 mm bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
.4 vs .8 was just a hypothetical example. If I don't get the significant difference in accuracy, I would weight the cost of the bullets a lot more. I have only shot them, 180 STD, for initial load development in my 300 RUM and they showed excellent accuracy. They showed about 50 fps better velocity than 180 E-Tips. Yes, I go straight to best powder and charge results. No seating trials. They do not have a traditional ogive that engages the lands. The bore rider is ideally seated into the lands with the driving band and sealtite band right behind.

I have a 6.5 WSM in the work and Outlaw has already used the 6.5 130's in his WSM with good results. With an overbore like the 6.5 WSM, you don't want to spend a lot of time finding the right bullet, the right powder and the right seating depth. My plan is to develop 1 load for the CE's for hunting and another load with maybe Bergers for other shooting.

Yup, I read LTLR's thread and liked what I read which confirms my limited experience with them.
Thank you! That is all good information to know. Now I'm amped up about starting load development for my .375 when I get home. I can't wait!