Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Bad Sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Bad Sendero

Kevin---you are right things change and sometimes not for the better. I loved the Python but sadly there will never be anymore of those either.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
Saw exactly the same thing some years back in not one, but FOUR 6.8 SPC M700s. Shooting three or four inches at 100 meters, and that was from a machine rest. Ran the bore scope in and found that the rifling stopped well into the throat . . . on one side. On the other side, the rifling came all the way down to the case mouth, stopping abruptly at the step of the chamber. Did a chamber cast of all four, and they were all identical. Don't know what the angle was (and really didn't care), but they were all the same, obviously chambered on the same set up with the error repeated precisely in all four. Big Green seems to be making an effort to get this sort of issue cleaned up, but I'm still very cautious about buying a newer Remington these days. As long as they're marketing to the Wal-Mart crowd instead of gunshops and serious shooters, we'll probably continue see this from time to time.
I know a guy that bought two 700 PS's at the sametime. Both in .308. One shot around .50" groups right outta the box, but the other was impossible to hit a 36" target with (100 yards). The barrels looked pretty good till you did a serious check on them. The one that would not shoot had a bore that was way off center in the middle, but started out and finished on center! (he had Mike Pence check the rifle out for him). So he sent the rifle to McMillen for a new barrel and stock. Comes back almost as bad (shot 1.5" groups). So he then has Pence cut a barrel for him in 6BR, and shoots in the threes once he got the die fiasco straitened out.
gary
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

my brother and hunting buddies have 20+ senderos. they all shoot less than an inch some a lot less. i would either put a krieger on it or send it back to remington
Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
my brother and hunting buddies have 20+ senderos. they all shoot less than an inch some a lot less. i would either put a krieger on it or send it back to remington
I think it's a complete waste of hard earned money to put a Krieger barrel on a Sendero. I'd simply pack the gun up and send it to Pacnor for a new barrel, and save about a hundred fifty dollars. This is not a bench gun, but a hunting rifle. So you just don't need that quality of a barrel (and Pacnors do shoot very well)
gary
Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
I think it's a complete waste of hard earned money to put a Krieger barrel on a Sendero. I'd simply pack the gun up and send it to Pacnor for a new barrel, and save about a hundred fifty dollars. This is not a bench gun, but a hunting rifle. So you just don't need that quality of a barrel (and Pacnors do shoot very well)
gary

That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen made on this site. You are making way too many assumptions and obviously not speaking from experience.

That is the problem with internet advice--all you need is a keyboard.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen made on this site. You are making way too many assumptions and obviously not speaking from experience.

That is the problem with internet advice--all you need is a keyboard.
looking at the source of this post the only thing I can do is laugh
glt
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
looking at the source of this post the only thing I can do is laugh
glt
How many State 1K Championships have you won and how many HOF Points do you have???

What brand of Incontinence Supplies do you use---THAT is a subject that you can speak on with Authority!