Re: Attention wildcat bullet shooters!
Lets see here, I take a 300 gr Wildcat ULD, drive it to 3050 fps in the 338 Kahn, zero it at say 500 yards, then move up to 250 yards and shoot a group and measure group height and log it, then move out to 1000 yards and shot groups to measure bullet drop below point of impact and then test at 1300 yards as well.
From this I get a prediction of B.C.
Using this B.C. value I develope a drop chart out to 1500 yards which results in the ability to drop a bullet well within 1 moa of the target at any range out to 1500 yards.
THis is more then accurate enough B.C. prediction for me. If it is not for you then I am sorry.
I am not spouting the praises of Richard Gaves because he wants me to or because I have anything to gain by doing so. I endorse Richards Wildcat bullets for several reasons. I will list them here:
1. They flat out shoot tight groups at all ranges
2. Richard will build you bullets to reach your goals, not sell you bullets he thinks you should be using
3. Richard will build you a bullet that will survive and thrive at any performance levels you think you can come up with. Believe me I know a bit about this one!!!
4. Richard adopts your goals and dreams as his own when he builds your bullets. Its personal to him and you can tell this in the man and his product.
5. When I order bullets from Wildcat Bullets, I am ordering from Richard himself and only Richard. He makes the bullets and only HE MAKES THE BULLETS. These are not mass produced bullets, they are true custom quality bullets.
6. When Richard Graves tells you something you can believe it to be the god honest true because I have learned he will not tell you anything that is not fact or will tell you that the information is not proven but predictions. He will also tell you if your idea is a bad one, which again is a rare thing when money can exchange hands.
7. And most important, There are two men I know in my life that have as much or more self dignity and honor then I feel I have in my daily life and dealing with customer, one is my father the other is Richard.
You do not believe it, I do not care to be honest, if your not willing to open your mind and see that there is someone else out there personally busting his ass to further stretch the performance envelope of our sport then by all means keep using the same old same old.
Will the extreme bullets be accurate, shoot the damn things and see for yourself.
Are these bullets wonder bullets, no.
Will they make every rifle a one holer, no.
Are they another top quality option for extreme range shooters or just big game hunters, you bet!! And these are true custom bullets meaning that they are made to your order by someone that gives a rats rear if they shoot well for you.
If you do not want to use his bullets thats fine, there are dozens of good bullets on the market to use, go get them, use what you have been using but don't question something that is not massed produced by the million count or on everyones componant list at the 1000 yard BR matches.
Contrary to popular belief, The road most traveled seldom is the only road to the destination.
If you want to test the Wildcat Bullets I would tell you to call or e-mail Richard and order some bullets just like everyone else has to do.
To be honest, I am not willing to donate any of my Wildcat Bullets for your supposed unbiased testing. My bullets are for my use and I know full well what they will do. Spend a little green and test your own bullets.
Again, to make my opinion very clear about Wildcat Bullets. THey have performed fully up to the task of handling the severe stresses created by my Allen Magnums as far as ballistic, terminal, and consistancy performance. There is not another bullet maker on the planet that I know of that would work as hard for me and my projects as Richard Graves. I appreciate that work ethic and his dedication to his customers. It is for these reasons that endorse ONLY Wildcat Bullets in my Allen Magnums.
If my testing methods are inaccurate, then I fully admit that I am not up to the lofty standards of the great BR shooters out there.
Wildcat Bullets is doing just that. If you think they are fakes and their quality claims are not justified, so be it, DON'T BUY ANY OF THEM!!!
But do not tell those of us that have tested them in the field that we do not know what we are talking about or that out testing methods are not giving accurate B.C. or any other excuse you have why these bullets simply can not perform this way.
Oh, and then yes, ASK FOR US TO DONATE OUR BULLETS TO YOU!!
I think not.
Use what you want and have a good life, nuff said!!
Whats a good topic we can talk about now. Heres a good topic, how about the debate on using Matchkings on big game???
Wait a minute, if you use the Wildcat ULDs with the heavy tapered jackets designed for big game then you will get ULD performance ballistically with Premium bullet performance terminally. Guess we are back to square one!!! This simply can not be possible!
Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.
Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.
Web Page: www.apsrifles.com