Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Applied Ballistics Mobile app

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 01:26 PM

Re: Applied Ballistics Mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot E View Post
Well, if AB is Shooter on steroids then it will be a sweet app! Shooter is by far my favorite app as far as accuracy, ease of use, and options! I am looking forward to the reticle tool! Sounds awesome for how I hunt!

I love the website option as well. It would be so much easier and faster to be able to do comparisons and after-shoot evaluations on a full screen home PC. I would also suggest having a nice print screen with lots of options for various chart printouts. This is a feature that many good apps are lacking!

And then get on the iOS system. Apple is all I have right now!

Nice Job Guys!

Scot E.
So you say I can use a website option, how do I log in on a PC?? I want to buy a custom curve but when I select one it says it's not available on the Google store?!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member

Question, I sinked to back up this weekend and was forced to let updates come in to do so. Is there anyway to "un do" an update if you don't like it?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 04-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Silver Member

this may have already answered and probably a noob question, but what does the red bar mean on ballistics chart? 1045 fps, it is a red highlighted box.
thanks for the help
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texote View Post
this may have already answered and probably a noob question, but what does the red bar mean on ballistics chart? 1045 fps, it is a red highlighted box.
thanks for the help
The red indicates when the projectile has gone subsonic.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

That is what i figured, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks Jack
Old 04-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Tagged n.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM

Hey Brian, I'm really enjoying playing with your Shooter app and haven't upgraded to the AB app yet. One question I've got, I have the Kestrel 4500NV which is paired to my Droid Razr via bluetooth. The Shooter App does receive and utilize the Density_Altitude information sent by the Kestrel, but I was surprised that Shooter ignores the Wind Velocity and Direction which is contained in the serial data you process. Its seems like it would be a very useful option to process the 1hz serial data available from the Kestrel and provide real time crosswind correction rather than having to manually enter it. I realize sometimes a manual estimate is desired and it would require an extra step to orient the Kestrel to the target, but the option of real time wind correction might be handy at times.

DaveS